Wedding Music

SirBax

Advanced Member
Reaction score
OK, so I met this wonderful woman and we are engaged to be married in September of this year. Now comes all the planning and stuff, so who better to turn to for great wedding music suggestions then everyone here at ad-tunes. I want a large sampling of old and new music. If you could please list by each song where you envision it located in a wedding service. Thanks everyone. :wub: :heart: :wub:

Shout by the Isley Brothers at the reception is of course is a must have.. :p

[Reception]
Roda - Elis Regina
Sexy - Black Eyed Peas
Some songs by Damien Rice
Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy [Kidding]

That's all I can think of now I'll add more later.

It'd take a while for me to list all the fantastic love songs I could imagine being played at a wedding. But, if you don't get enough suggestions here, a great place to go is www.artofthemix.org

You can search mixes other people have made and I'm sure you can find quite a few mixes people used for their weddings and get some ideas from there.

Congrats and good luck! :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep um' coming.

In my opinion a good song when the bride and groom make their entrance to the reception would be Lenny Kravitz - I Belong To You

Van Morrison "Have I Told You Lately I Love You" or "Crazy Love" or anything by Van Morrison

One I am planning on using is "ladies and gents. we are floating in space" by spiritualized...awesome song, if you havent heard it for some reason it is a mixture of a classic piece with modern flare

Ideas to start with, in no particular order:
Sarah McLachlan: Ice cream
Etta James: At last
The Flamingos: I only have eyes for you
Edwin McCain: I'll be
Lifehouse: You and me
Faith Hill: This kiss, Breathe
Lonestar: Amazed
Madonna: Cherish, Crazy for you
Berlin: Take my breath away
Josh Groban: When you say you love me, You raise me up (dance with a parental figure)
Sade: Kiss of life

Wrap things up:
Don Henley: Taking you home
Frank Sinatra: Fly me to the moon, Just the way you looked tonight
Donna Summer: Last Dance

I hope you throw in some dancy tunes for the single people.....at least out of kindness :D

Back