Remixed Classical Music

thesassycynic

Pro Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys! Since everyone's been so helpful in the past in giving me music to use in my dance classes, I thought I'd try it again. I'd like to do a pointe piece (like when you see the girls dancing on their toes ;) ) this coming year to a classical song that's been remixed or sped up or altered in some way to make it "cooler". I'd like to still put the girls in classical tutus, so I don't want something that's been completely turned into techno. Think Bond only a little less electronica/dance sounding. I love their stuff, but I want something that still sounds pretty classical. Make sense?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Try the song "Bolero" from the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack. It's a beautiful instrumental piece; used for the credits music in the movie.

Originally posted by PiratesLife_ForMe@Jul 20 2007, 03:39 PM
Try the song "Bolero" from the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack. It's a beautiful instrumental piece; used for the credits music in the movie.
Haha. I forgot to add that I actually used that song just this past year for my advanced ballet class. It was an awesome piece. Pretty much stole the show. ;) But you're definitely along the right idea. I want another song like that one.

Did you listen to any Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

Or maybe Rob Dougan?

Pompon Finkelstein?

Buddha Bar?

B)

Corner Stone Cues has a song called "Requiem for a Tower"...it's the version of Lux Aeterna used in the Return of the King trailer. It's available on iTunes and Yahoo music for sure, but the whole CD is very epic and cool. "Forest Chase" is another good track on that CD.

I have something, I don't know how well it would work, though.
The Vitamin String Quartet take modern and classic Rock & Pop and update it with strings. Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana...The list goes on.
Tons and Tons of their music on iTunes.
They do a cover of Queen's "We Will Rock You" that's pretty cool.

Back