Watchdog

gorsam

Reaction score
I'M AFRAID THAT THIS DOESN'T REALLY FIT IN TO ANY OF THE CATEGORIES EXCEPT TO SAY THIS MUSIC IS DRIVING ME MAD AND FOLLOWING ME.SEVERAL WEEKS AGO IT WAS BACKGROUND MUSIC IN A RESTAURANT IN SCOTLAND AND NONE OF MY FELLOW GUESTS NOR THE STAFF COULD TELL ME WHAT IT WAS. H :( AVING ALMOST FORGOTTEN IT, THERE IT WAS AGAIN ON WATCHDOG TONIGHT, A HAUNTING TUNE ACCOMPANIED BY SOMEONE WHISTLING. i WAITED FOR THE CREDITS AFTER WATCHDOG NO NOT THERE, I SEARCHED WATCHDOG WEBSITE NO REFERENCE. SOMEBODY PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. WHO AND WHAT IS IT?

Fragments of a tune came to mind.Did it sound a little jazzy,improvised,bit of a minor key and I want to say French?The trouble is,I can't remember what it is or where I've heard it!It may even have been in a film and could be 60s-ish.Don't know if this has helped at all?!

A total guess, but whenever anyone mentions a 'whistling tune', it usually turns out to Lovely Head by Goldfrapp. Give it a try.

Now hey guys this is a long shot i know....infact this isnt a long shot, this would be a par 10 on golf (if there is such a thing). :huh:

Now, my problem is that for around five years now i have had a certain catchy tune in my head after i heard it after the program "watchdog". I will try to recreate the almost "heavy" guitar riff that is in this tune. (this is hip hop guys)

(in descending notes, but last note goes higher) de de de de de de de de

(then in reverse order ascending) de de de de de de de de

Now for lyrics, i can only vaugely remember these (and these may not be perfect) :unsure:. But the each word said in the chorus is on the "de de" notes i pointed out above. Something about "up against the wall, and spread them". And folks, thats all i can remeber!!! I know the word wall is said! :D

Oh and the last thing, the guitar doesnt sound unfamilar to "P.Diddy - Bad Boy For life"

I would appreciate any help in finding this song, any suggestions are noted and tracked down.

Thanks Guys! (and gals :p)

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I found it all by myself!

The tune is actually from the "Training Day" soundtrack

Its called "Pharoahe Monch - Fuck you" or the clean "Got You"

This tune is absolutely amazing and so glad i have found it. Report back tell me what you think of it!

FoXy

Yeah, I like that song a lot myself (Pharoahe Monch is one of my favorite MCs'). When I saw the lyrics you posted, I knew immediately that "Fuck You" was the song you were talking about, and I was going to post and tell you the answer, but it's well and done that you found it yourself. Too bad, though - I would've had fun lightening up your day.

Originally posted by Eihtball@Nov 9 2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I like that song a lot myself (Pharoahe Monch is one of my favorite MCs'). When I saw the lyrics you posted, I knew immediately that "Fuck You" was the song you were talking about, and I was going to post and tell you the answer, but it's well and done that you found it yourself. Too bad, though - I would've had fun lightening up your day.
Thats ok, you have made my day by replying!

Cheers Mate!

I will probably need your help in the future! Thanks again

FoXy B)

Back