VH1

Miksmi

Reaction score
I'll try to describe this as best as I can. It's a new promo by VH1 with video clips of various artists singing parts of a song. Some of the lyrics are, "Sing...sing a song..." while at the end of the promo is divided into a bunch of little squares with daisies and artists singing, "La la lalala, la la lalalala, la la la lalalalaaaa." Wow, that looks rediculous when it's typed out. :p But anyway, does anyone know what song this is?

May have just found it, not 5 minutes after posting that message. I believe it's "Sing" by Karen Carpenter of the "Carpenters". Grabbing a sound bite of the song now to see.

Yep, this is the song. Although I think it sounds different in the promo, which leads to another question...anyone know who may have covered this song?

does anyone know where i can find the link to the new vh1 commercial?? it goes sing sing a song make it simple to last ur whole life long and it has like celebrities edited in it to make it look like theyre singing the song :D

thats a song by the carpenters, i dont know what its called though

Carpenters "Sing A Song".....I don't want to date my self....but it saved us from that wretch song..."Billy Don't Be a Hero"....it knocked it off the charts....or at least that's the way I remember it.....

Originally posted by chance@Dec 26 2004, 08:13 AM
Carpenters "Sing A Song".....I don't want to date my self....but it saved us from that wretch song..."Billy Don't Be a Hero"....it knocked it off the charts....or at least that's the way I remember it.....
I always thought that was a Sesame Street song!

hey guys.. x) does anybody know the commercial song that has all of the different singers mouthing lyrics to the song? part of the song goes.."think of happy not sad..la la la lala"

lol.. i hope that helped..its like a music video with all the singers mouthing similar words that consist of the song.. ahhh.. HELPPP x)

thanks all :p

Hi all, I'm Dicken Schrader, the producer/editor of the "Sing" spot here on Vh1.
If you want me to e-mail you a compressed movie with the promo, e-mail me at:

(Admin Edit: Please contact Mr. Schrader via Private Message (PM) or the Email link below if you are interested in his offer. Distributing your email address publicly in posts on Forums leaves you vulnerable to SPAM.)

Just sing, sing a song! B)

Man, I used to love that song. I had the 45 and played it over and over. I'm lucky my parents didn't kill me.

I searched through the forums, and either I'm blind or I there isn't a thread on this commercial. The commercial seems to be a collaboration of artists, they aren't really singing this song, but VH1 has edited so it looks like they are. The song is sung by a woman with a very "uppity" voice. Sorta like Julie Andrews. Gwen Stefani, Greenday, and Avril Lavigne are in it. Remember they aren't really singing the song, VH1 just added the song to parts of their music video where the song would fit.

Found the song, it's called "Sing" by Joe Raposo. He doesn't sing it apparently but thanks anyways.

It was actually sung by Karen Carpenter (the version used in the VH1 promo, anyway). :)

Back