Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and Candidate C

• I've seen this before...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
now that i think of it, i still tape my favorite tv shows and movies.

yyyyeah. i remember taping things off the radio and PRAYING the dj's wouldn't mess up the very end of the song. has anyone seen margaret cho's act where she's talking about taping stuff off the radio and her mother's yelling in the background...like in dascoot's posting?

Originally posted by Kodos84@Apr 8 2004, 08:50 PM
now that i think of it, i still tape my favorite tv shows and movies.
tee hee...me too!!! i wish i had tivo. :(

I was on this local access TV show when I was in the 1st grade, and when it came on TV I held my Fisher Price tape recorder up to the TV speaker and recorded the sound...

And, yeah I recorded music off the radio all the time (is that like, old-school piracy or what).

PS, Actuarial... If you're going to continue with the mud slinging, take it up elsewhere please.

Does anyone remember a show in the mid to late 80's.. it was a cartoon, and I don't think it was on for very long.. called something like Beverly Hills Teens? I *loved* that theme song and recorded it about 7 times in a row so I could just listen to it straight and not have to hit rewind (the rewind button had to be held down.. not sure why, it wasn't broken, just made that way).

edit - Holy crap! I just did a search for the show, and not only did I find screenshots but I got the theme song!! Y'all gotta check it out, tell me that's not one of the coolest 80's theme songs ever.

you ROCK dascoot!!!! I LOVED THAT CARTOON...i thought i was the only one...i always wanted a limo with a pool in the back like in the cartoon. remember when they had a super huge pool with a wave machine??

I'm so rocking out to that tune now.. I don't remember much of the show, I do remember I had a crush on one of the boy characters (don't give me no crap about it either, y'all know you had at least one crush on a cartoon in your lives).
That site rocks, did ya see the Rainbow Brite stuff up top??
PS Amelie I love your new signature.. best Christmas movie EVER.

awww yyyyeah! i had a rainbow brite doll but i accidentally colored on her face with green marker :eek:

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 8 2004, 10:01 PM

PS Amelie I love your new signature.. best Christmas movie EVER.
thanks!! it's my shut down sound on my computer...so every night at like, 1 or 2 in the morning...it's the daddy shouting "FRA-GEEEEE-LAYYYYYY...THAT MUST BE ITALIAN!!!"

*aww....it's a bowlinggggg ballll"

i could just recite that movie all day

Me, my younger brother, and the two boys that lived next door used to play Rainbow Brite all the time, and I was of course always Rainbow Brite, older neighbor boy was always Red Butler, younger was always Twink, I forget who my brother was.. Buddy Blue or something like that.. and every single time we always had the same mission, Twink and I would go to my swingset and jump the gorge (or in other words grab the one bar that was shaped like a squared off U and land on the other side of the foot grooves in the dirt.. you know that U bar I'm talking about? Did it have a name?) and my brother and the other kid had to do some stupid task I'd come up with in the other yard.. we'd meet back in the middle and I'd order everyone to do it again. Of course when you're all 6 and under that's considered FUN..

OK, most swingsets (back then anyway) had the slide on the outside, 2 regular swings, a see-saw swing (one person on one side, one on the other, facing each other), a bench swing on the far end that you had to climb up in and usually held 2 people on each side, facing each other.. and in between the bench and the see-saw swing was this THING, it was like a U shape, but more squared, and it swung.. I think we called it the monkey bar swing or something. You had to reach up to grab it.. and I'd always reach up and get a good grip, then kick my legs in the air, tuck them up on the bars and let my hands go, then hang there upside down and have someone push my butt so I'd sway back and forth.
Back at that age, though, you could hang upside down for prolonged periods and not die of blood rushing to your head.. I think if I tried that now I'd put myself in a coma..

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 8 2004, 07:01 PM
best Christmas movie EVER.
:lol: Some really good friends and I have Chinese every year!!!!!! We got the idea from that movie. :p Screw all that Christmas Dinner work. ;)

EDIT-I do think the Griswalds throw a funnier Christmas though.

LOL.

NOW i remember the u-bar. i was like...OHHHHH the UUUUU bar. yeah. i was too scared to get on that thing because i used my neighbor's swingset and it wasn't too stable. did anyone ever ride the four-leaf clover merry go round? it's basically 4 individual seats that spin. i fell off it and threw up and when the people in the school office were writing my excuse note, they laughed and read aloud what they wrote: "please excuse stephanie from class. she has to go home because she got the WIND knocked out of her"

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 8 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm so rocking out to that tune now.. I don't remember much of the show, I do remember I had a crush on one of the boy characters (don't give me no crap about it either, y'all know you had at least one crush on a cartoon in your lives).
The kid who plays Draco Malfoy is getting hot.
Alan Rickman is always hot.
I can't wait for this Harry Potter flick..

Crushes on cartoon characters and little wizard boys.... tsk tsk melissa :p

WHOA where'd you pull that draco malfoy quote? i remember it but i don't remember where i saw it. do all guys have a crush on jessica rabbit from who framed roger rabbit? i'm a girl and i even think she's hot...

Dude. WTF. It's every boy. :p Cartoon boys, wizard boys, allllll the boys. :p I kinda feel the same way about women. Mostly. :lol:

I think that girls that think girls are hot are hot. :lol: And yeah Jessica Rabbit has got it goin on :p

Originally posted by givemfitz@Apr 8 2004, 07:37 PM
Dude. WTF. It's every boy. :p Cartoon boys, wizard boys, allllll the boys. :p I kinda feel the same way about women. Mostly. :lol:
oh yeaaa i forgot.

And i actually do think that jessica rabbit was pretty hot. So i take back what i said. It's ok to have crushes on cartoon characters. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back