Thou shalt not steal

goodasgold

Pro Member
Reaction score
So my vehicle was stolen last night.

Police found it already. Apparently there were two culprits. One of them was caught and is in custody. The other one they don't know where he/she is. So they have my car and I can't get it back until after they've dusted for finger prints.

Also, there is some damage, but the police officer I talked to wasn't sure how much. :( :annoyed:

They found it already? Wow, that was fast. Did they take it for a joyride or something?

I'm not sure what the details are yet, but it sounds like they took it on a joy ride.

Man. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm so scared right now that mine will be stolen cos my windows won't roll up. They fell in the door. Did you wake up and go outside and your car was gone? Or were you in a public place?

They hotwired it I believe.

I woke up and it was gone.

:ph34r:
Could have been much much worse. Consider yourself very lucky. If all you must do is wait for detectives to dust for prints, then you are fortunate.

You can go down to the police precinct or evidence holding area and look @ your vehicle to see how much damage was done without picking your vehicle up. So that you may file insurance claims and so on.

Make sure you get pictures and ALL documentation. Police reports and theft reports make life much easier when you have them.

Originally posted by jffodom@May 14 2007, 08:06 AM
Could have been much much worse. Consider yourself very lucky. If all you must do is wait for detectives to dust for prints, then you are fortunate.

You can go down to the police precinct or evidence holding area and look @ your vehicle to see how much damage was done without picking your vehicle up. So that you may file insurance claims and so on.

Make sure you get pictures and ALL documentation. Police reports and theft reports make life much easier when you have them.

Thanks for the tips. It is much appreciated. :) ;)

Wow my car was stolen too. But I was stupid and left the windows down and I didn't have the club on the wheel. It was in the backseat. I'm amazed they found it so fast. It took the police three months to find my car. <_<

Well my city isn't too big. Maybe 185,000 people. It was abandoned someplace when they found it.

that sucks did they pick the lock on the outside door or was it unlocked or was the window smashed

:lol: From here-on-in whenever I read a post from you I'll be picturing the Macho-man Randy Savage.

Back