The Simpsons Season 9

andy

Pro Member
Reaction score
What is the name of Duffman's "Oh Yeah" theme song??

Thank ye.

It's "Oh Yeah" by Yello. (Most famously used in the movie FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF.)

The Simpsons "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" season 9

Whats that song that plays when Duffman goes "OOOHHH YEAH!"... The lyrics are the same... :blink: I know its some kind of song because I've heard it somewhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

The Simpsons "Lisa's Sax" season 9

Hi,

I heard a song rolling during the credits of an episode of the Simpsons. If you know what it is, please tell me!

You can get more information here along with a download link:

[Clipped from my IMDB post]

Hello,

I really need your help. I heard this lovely song playing in a store a few months ago. I always wanted to know what it was but it's very hard to explain it.

See, the song has no vocals and it's just a synthesizer playing. I know I didn't make it up, I really need your help.

This is on the tip of my tounge, I totally recogize the song and I know I even probably have it. Can you tell me what episode of the Simpsons this rolls in the credits?

Unfortunately I simply cannot remember, my memory is just too hazy.

I feel so close yet so far, thank you so much for your reply. I hope you can remember it. I have been searching for months.

All I know is that the song rolled during the end credits of one of the episodes, possibly while the Simpson's car was leaving over a bridge. This could have been the New York episode.... not sure.

Thank you for your help.

The Simpsons "Lisa's Sax" season 9

this song is played in the simpsons by lisa i think. It has no words it is just a really sweet tune on the sax.

it was the one with like bleeding gums murphy and at the end of the episode she plays it.

Is it the one where she plays the sax line from "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty?

The Simpsons "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" season 9

Does anyone know the song in the simpson's episode "homer vs. new york" where homer is being chased by a pimp thanks

The Simpsons "Simpson Tide" season 9

You know in that episode of the simpsons where at one point you see a UN meeting or something, and the the Russian prime minister flips over that sign that says Russia to read the Soviet Union. At that point one of the representatives says in shock something like "The Soviet Union, we thaough it was gone!!!!!. Then the Russian representative remarks, "Yes, thats what we wanted you to think", then presses a button and troops and tanks start appearing all over the place in Russia to this sort of choiry music, along with Lenin coming back to life and says he going to crush Capitalism. MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THAT TYPE OF MUSIC PLAYING WHILE YOU ARE SEEING THAT SCENE? I know someone can help me!!!!!!!!!!! (I know this isnt the best discription, but bear with me)

I'm not sure I understand the question - are you looking for a genre name?

I didn't see the episode but my wild guess is that it's the Russian/Soviet National Anthem (same tune different lyrics if I read it correctly) Here is a link to the Russian Anthems museum page. http://www.hymn.ru/index-en.html It has a multitude of renditions that you can listen to and links for other possible tunes you may have heard. Hopefully you can find a sample to link to that will help you out. :unsure:

The Simpsons "Bart Star" season 9

In the episode Bart Star, when Homer is doing like, aerobics to that classical, cheerful song, what song is it?

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Feb 2 2006, 08:52 AM

I didn't see the episode but my wild guess is that it's the Russian/Soviet National Anthem (same tune different lyrics if I read it correctly) Here is a link to the Russian Anthems museum page. http://www.hymn.ru/index-en.html It has a multitude of renditions that you can listen to and links for other possible tunes you may have heard. Hopefully you can find a sample to link to that will help you out. :unsure:
I'll take a gander, thank you!!!!

Right off the bat though, I doesn't seem like the anthem. I learned it for a project on Russia for my Pacific Rim/History class.

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Feb 2 2006, 08:52 AM

I'm sure it's a specific song or hym. Sounded like a large choir for sure.

Originally posted by Blood Feast Island Man@May 9 2007, 01:12 AM

Right off the bat though, I doesn't seem like the anthem. I learned it for a project on Russia for my Pacific Rim/History class.
You're right of course, now that I've heard it - a key word left out of your description could be "menacing" :D Anyway, I don't recognize it. I thought perhaps since the episode is called "Simpson Tide" (episode 19 of Season 9, March 1998) that it might have been from the soundtrack of "Crimson Tide", but somebody tried that already :p Of course, released soundtracks are notoriously incomplete and it still might be in the movie. Another possiblity might be "The Hunt for Red October" score - but it's quite likely that it's an unavailable library track :(

Back