The Great Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lost Boy

Pro Member
Reaction score
You have to pay for parking!? That's insane, but I guess it makes sense since everyone drives in L.A., but nobody knows how to drive.

Remember Melissa, when the Senate confirmed Bush's victory, not a single Democratic Senator stood up to support the Congressional Black Caucus's challenge to the vote count. Democrats aren't freaking goody two shoes either, they're just not as bad as Republicans.

Those polls mean nothing. I was explaining to someone the other day something I'd read about how the polls are GROSSLY inaccurate: first off, everyone spams the online polls, so there's no way those are reliable, and second the phone polls only call house phones, and since many democrats are working class and can only afford one phone they have cels.. so those polls are not including a huge liberal population.

And yeah Brandon, it is bullshit about the Senators.. I still don't get what the hell was up with that, what the reasoning behind it was. But I belong to the school of Everything Happens For A Reason..

i never understood the point of those polls anyway... who are they talking to, voters that are registered with a party or random sidewalk joe? and, like you said, if they're internet polls, they get spammed.

All you Conservative Bush Worshippers out there, take about 30 minute to an hour out of your entire life and read through this list of 100 Facts and 1 Opinion regarding President Pud's 4 years of terror. [via devoter.com]

Are you really going to try and keep Kerry out of office because of this? [via thetalentshow.org]

morning guys. I couldn't fall asleep last night. It was terrible. I had all our conversations echoing through my head, and couldn't get in a comfortable position.

"shut up, shut up, shut up!!!!"

*hits head repeatedly*

LOL Good morning. Nice way to start your day, eh? Ahh I'm just over all this, I'll be a happy girl on November 3rd.

I didn't sleep much either..

yay...oh yeah i hate it when i can't get to sleep. i usually try to read a schoolbook and i get knocked out in a matter of seconds. so far i'm kind of a happy camper...they're showing "clueless" on tv. heh heh.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 22 2004, 03:29 PM
Those polls mean nothing. I was explaining to someone the other day something I'd read about how the polls are GROSSLY inaccurate: first off, everyone spams the online polls, so there's no way those are reliable, and second the phone polls only call house phones, and since many democrats are working class and can only afford one phone they have cels.. so those polls are not including a huge liberal population.
I'm a Rpublican and I am "working class" and I only use a cell phone. How can you justify that "many" cell phone only users are Democrats. The fact is noone knows. Let's stick to the facts please.

Facts is that's what the report that I read said. I didn't say NO Republicans, did I? I said many Democrats.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 25 2004, 10:22 AM
Nice way to start your day, eh?
Nah. I wasn't telling you to shut up, I was telling the conversations in my head last night to shut up.

Ooh good song on. :D. Happy day.

PS. Can't we all just get along? :) (talking about bax and scoot). It really doesn't matter who owns a cellphone, it's not like it's gonna change anyone's vote. It only makes us feel a little bit crappier and crabbier.

"The people who are cell-phone-only users are not one demographic, and that's something people are overlooking in this whole debate," Nielsen said. "Young adult polling is not heavily for one candidate over the other; they're splitting pretty evenly."

Quote on topic by Neilsen Media

Originally posted by a_iver@Oct 25 2004, 08:59 AM

PS. Can't we all just get along? :)
We can with TRUTH!!!!!

But, when we say that polls are scued and are allinating a "huge" segment of liberals, we are not speaking the truth.

The truth shall set you free.

Aye, the truth shall set you free. And knowing the truth is good. But taking one company's word or a statistic is not always the same thing as knowing the truth. You don't always understand the innerworkings of people's minds, nor do you know everything. To fight over a little issue that would take a lifetime of work to discover the real truth is pointless. We're friends here, regardless of our difference of opinion.

You're battling semantics with me, dude. I didn't say "a larger number of liberals than conservatives", I said that a "huge liberal population" wasn't being taken into effect.

Can you deny that the polls are grossly innacurate? That they only call house phones? That many democrats are working class? That working class people often can't afford two phone services? None of that is a lie.

Originally posted by SirBax
But, when we say that polls are scued and are allinating a "huge" segment of liberals, we are not speaking the truth.
Ya think? Which part is not the truth? Would you feel better if I changed my post to say "so those polls are not including a huge liberal AND ALSO CONSERVATIVE!!! population"?

You gotta think before you accuse someone of lying SirBax. If I had said "All people with cel phones only are liberals" then YES, that would be a lie.

That is of course unless someone gave me that information and claimed it was the truth, and then after being proven wrong I continued to say it was the right thing to say.. then I'd be Presidential material.

Oh and I saw your avatar, just curious, whatcha make of this?

Well, now you are using "semantics". I never saids you were lying.

As to the Assault Weapon Ban Sunset, are you going to have a panic attack if I have a rifle, that looks mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back