The Great Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 25 2004, 12:40 PM
are you going to have a panic attack if I have a rifle, that looks mean?
I just might so point that thing the other way.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 25 2004, 12:40 PM
I never saids you were lying.
We can with TRUTH!!!!!

But, when we say that polls are scued and are allinating a "huge" segment of liberals, we are not speaking the truth.
So when someone isn't speaking the truth, what do you call it?

Since you weren't calling me a liar, what was even the point of this:

I'm a Rpublican and I am "working class" and I only use a cell phone. How can you justify that "many" cell phone only users are Democrats. The fact is noone knows. Let's stick to the facts please.

It's like you posted for no reason. You didn't disprove anything I said.

And no, I don't give a tiny rat's ass if you have a gun or not, as long as it's not an ASSAULT rifle, and as long as you bought it legally after the proper waiting period, and now have it locked up in a place where no tiny hands or criminals can get to it. SEPARATE from its ammo. That you only use it to shoot food, in designated hunting areas, with proper licensing.

The problem I have is when al Quaeda teaches its terrorists-in-training that they can come to America and, thanks to our shoddy gun laws, buy up some assault rifles which they then use to kill us. That's kinda counter-productive.

You have no need for an assault weapon. No one does unless they are in the military or, in some instances, a police officer. Even Bush agrees with me on that.

And I gotta know, y'all really think two gays guys getting married is more dangerous than a pack of drunk rednecks running around with bayonets and grenade launchers?

There's no need to even respond to your latest post, other then to say you might best fit in over at the Democratic Underground site.
I however will have a happy day in this great Republic of ours. Nice to know that the first amendment is still around and that my personally owned assault rifle protected under the second ammendment will be there to protect the first.

TTYL

Go on and think that. In the meantime men and women are dying in your stead so that you have the right to own that gun that you have no need for.

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 25 2004, 01:50 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh, HAPPY DAY!!!!

See ya at the polls.
This guy...fuckin' elephants. Second amendment is entirely outdated.

Homer: But I have to have a gun! It's in the Constitution!

Lisa: Dad, the Second Amendment is just a remnant from Revolutionary days! It has no meaning today.

Homer: You couldn't be more wrong, Lisa. If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any times he wants and start shoving you around. Do you want that? Huh? Do you?

Lisa: Noo..

Ahh but some are going to say that since they're allowed to, it's ok. And I say just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I wonder then if he's pro-abortion.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walk.

- Thomas Jefferson

To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace. A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined.

- George Washington

No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

- Thomas Jefferson

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.

- Alexander Hamilton

blah blah blah a bunch of dead presidents. Means nothing you gun-toting right wing nut.

Our ignorance of history causes us to slander our own times
- Gustave Flaubert

You're SERIOUSLY quoting men that have been dead for hundreds of years as your reason for owning an assault weapon? You understand that things change, right?

Originally posted by SirBax
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Is that an open invitation???

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.

- Darth Vader

Originally posted by SirBax@Oct 25 2004, 07:39 PM
Our ignorance of history causes us to slander our own times
- Gustave Flaubert
A fancy way of saying that if we don't learn from history we're doomed to repeat it. So how the crap does that justify you owning a weapon meant for killing men and other large mammals when you live in Pasco County, FL?

Ask those who died at the hand of genocide around the world if they would choose to keep their guns if they could do it all over again.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend
themselves, were cut off from their food supplies and starved to
death or rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control.
From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938.
From 1939 to 1945, 10 million Jews and others who were unable
to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to
defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend

Uganda established gun control in 1970.
From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend

Cambodia established gun control in 1956.
From 1975 to 1977, one to two million 'educated' people,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1956 no one in Cambodia could imagine total confiscation and
citizen enslavement in the "foreseeable future", ...
but per capita, more citizens were eventually murdered
by their own government than in any other country in history.

TOTAL number of defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the
20th Century because of gun control: 53 million.

:arrow: We're all entitled to expressing our opinions on this site, but I'm not going to allow any name calling or flame wars to go on. So, keep it in mind before you post please.

Thanks.

And next on the list:

2004, America, the most powerful nation in the entire world is invaded by.. someone.. and the residents of Palm Harbor, FL, armed only with mere shotguns and side arms, were rounded up and exterminated. If ONLY they had assault weapons!

edit: eek, should spell check these buggers..

The above listed counts of genocide were committed by the goverment of that country. That is why Jefferson said,
No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

This is a key point and the reason why the "dead presidents" were adament to have a bill of rights that included the second ammendment.

Oh I see. Well then, you're saying there's a chance Bush is gonna kill you. That doesn't make a very good argument for voting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back