Slackers

wingdboi

Reaction score
There's a song with no words that plays when Dave (Devon Sawa) and Angela (James King) are in the pool, then making love on the towels. Any idea what it is? There seems to be no film soundtrack (at least not on Amazon.)

It's weird, isn't it? Oh, and I was wondering what the song that Jason Schwartzman sings at the end is? Thanks! ciao!

Roxy :lol:

the song he sings at the end is great huh... i searched "cool ethan" in the search and i find it,, or just type in "ethan"

I have been looking everywhere for that song! I don't know if its any of the songs listed above though. Some are hard to find. The song actually does have lyrics though, they go like "hold it in, let it out, try to take this moment...." It's a woman singing. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure the song in question has a few strums on an E-Minor then into a A7 then back to the E-Minor and so forth on an acoustic sounding guitar...so thats some sort of a description...

oh, and it isn't Lohengrin becuase thats a symphony which actually is where the "here comes the bride" wedding march comes from.

This song was an original for and only for Slackers. And because Slackers didn't make a soundtrack cd you can't get it anywhere else unless you like record it, which we all know wouldn't be the same.

I came to this answer after a few days of research about it. Sorry you guys.

Just so we're clear, it's "Slackers" (2002), not "Slacker"(1991) I need help with...

Okay, if you've seen the movie, it's the song playing while Devon Sawa and James King's characters are getting amorous on the tennis court, then in the pool. Very chillout/trippy sounding - female vocaliast.

The instrumental of this song appears throughout the movie.

Lyrics are like,

"another question in my head ....
another chance i've wasted trying to decide
another moment passes by

yeah hold it in
let it out
try to keep this moment
try to keep it still

hold it in
let it out."

This is gonna haunt me. I love you in advance if you know the name of the song.

is it vanessa carlton's paradise? i can only make out the "hold it in let it out" part?

Apprecite the effort, but sadly, that's not the song.

Someone once told me it might be Nikka Costa, but I haven't found anything to confirm it.

Thanks anyways...

From the movie Slackers--- the enemy character "Ethan", who tries to blackmail the lead character, sings a song while playing the piano at the end of the movie. Does anybody know where I can download that song or does anyone know if that song is commercially released by a different artist? Let me know if any of you find this information on the song.

"Little Locked Room" -- an original song written and performed by Phantom Planet's Jason Schwartzman -- isn't on the soundtrack (because there is no Slackers soundtrack). Someone on the IMDb board for Slackers ripped the audio out of the movie for that scene. The sound quality's not that good, though. You can go over there and download it, I guess. Some people say it's performed by Dashboard Confessional, but it's bull.

What about the part where the main character comes home to find that his buddies arent there, grabs a bear, sits down, talks about love to himself, and then a song starts playing as soon as he sees the video of him on the television? What is that?

there are two songs that i am looking for from the movie.
The i saw the sign glee club thing
and the song "cool" ethan plays in that diner at the end

does anyone know what i am talking about?

Yeah, I feel your pain, the song at the end is called "Little Locked Room". It was written just for the movie and was performed by Jason Schwartman (the guy who plays Ethan) There is no full song, just what you hear in the movie. The other song is a cover of "I Saw The Sign" by Ace of Base. I have looked everywhere for this, some people have said that it is Blessed Union of Souls, if it is then I'm stupid cause I can't find it. You can find both of these songs but they are a direct recording from the movie so the quality kinda sucks. If anyone can set me straight on the Ace of Base thing please do.

Go to lavamusic.org, click on in order directors,compositions,films,Slackers and "I Saw the Sign" is on there- the version from the movie..........now if we could only figure out the most sought after song in history, the one from the pool scene that no one can find............

i have been trying to find out what the song that plays at the very end of slackers is for like years now. the song plays right after cool ethan sings his song and it comes in as an instrumental, im not sure if it has words or not but its the song that plays when the credits start to role. anyone know what song this is?

Back