simple piano piece

rjay8604

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I heard this pieced saved on our school's electronic player piano unit, so it was likely an assinged piece but it could be anything.

From trying to play by ear, it sounds like the following:

played as octave, 1/4 note F# then 3/4 note B on the left hand then the right hand plays in unison with 3/4 note on the left hand, F#, B and E simultaneously, then F# again on the 4th count as the B octave on the left hand ends, then repeat.

i know thats probably useless but its what i got. Also the piece has a dark serious mood, sounds like it might be a prelude, i believe its a short piece but it might be just an excerpt.

Okay in the video I play it a little wrong, but the basic tonality is right.

I now know the song is in E MINOR.

I'd say its an easier song that would likely be in a beginner level repertoire.

Nice video. Haha. I'd say there's a good chance that the song is by Philip Glass. I am in love Mr. Glass as his music is wonderful, and it's usually easy to tell that a song was done by him because all of his music sounds so much alike. This may not be the exact song you're looking for, but it gives you a good idea of what his music sounds like. That song's called "Metamorphosis II". :)

Thanks for that reply, though I'm pretty sure it is some kind of simple classical work, an etude, prelude something along those lines.

Back