Shell

What-the..

Reaction score
I'm looking for the name of the song that plays in the background of a Shell commercial. The Commercial talks about Jim Ray (a marine biologist) and the protection of the 'The Flower Garden Banks', a coral reef located 100 miles off the coast, in the Gulf of Mexico.

The song has kind of a Spanish flavor.

Thanx for the help..

J.

Haven't seen this ad. Have you tried emailing the Shell Oil company and asking them? You'd be surprised how often this method (emailing their PR department) works. Even if Shell couldn't give you the answer, finding out what ad agency did the commercial would give you another company to email and find the answer.

I tried that already, but I didn't get a response. Maybe I'll try to email them again...

Thanx for the advice...

Frustrating as it is, it may take weeks to hear back from these companies. The corporations are massive, and are probably overwhelmed with PR-related issues.

Don't fret if you don't hear after a week or so...

I heard back from Nissan like 3 weeks after I originally wrote them with a question.

I bet they will reply, just may take time.

Yeah, it does take time. The reason it's worth emailing the companies directly is they usually have people (in the PR department, website operations, etc.) whose job includes fielding questions like that. And most likely you wouldn't be the first to ask, so they may have an answer ready for you - it's just they have a lot of email to get through.

Bottom line: It's worth a try.

Could someone please inform me of the name of the song that plays in the Shell environmental commercial. It profiles different people and how Shell cares about the protection of environmental wonders while mining gasoline.

I'm really interested in finding that song that plays in the background. I think it's a guitar playing.

Thanks for any help!

Yes that's the same one... looks like I'm not the only one looking for the song! *Sigh* it really bothers me everytime I see that commercial... I really want to know where I can get that song!

Dixie

Does anyone know where I can find the song that is the ending of those new Shell gas comnmercials? You know, the new ones that portray Shell as a pro environmental company that. There are a few different ones, but they all have this song at the end. Its a sort of Spanish sounding instrumental song and you only hear about 5 seconds of it, but I am dying to hear all of it. It sounds soooo beautiful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

LAL

Yes, it sounds like the same commercials.

As I said, there are 2 or 3 different commercials, but they all have the same song at the end. The one I have in my mind is of a woman who goes into indigenous communties and explains to them what Shell is doing. They call her the "incurable romantic".

I emailed the company last night and I am awaiting a reply. I'll wait a while and see what transpires. I'll post again if I get an answer.

Thanks,

LAL from CA

I just recieved a reply from Shell and this was their reply:

" The music for this advertising was specifically commissioned by the advertising production company we currently use for our global advertising. The composer is Joe Glassman, and the track is titled "Oil over troubled water". It is exclusively available via the said company, J Walter Thompson (JWT) and their global website address is at www. jwt.com "

Who: Joe Glassman
Name of Song: Oil over troubled water
Where can I find it: www.jwt.com

Thought some of you might like to know.

Lauren

Hi hi... newbie here! Umm... okay... there are these Shell commercials out... one is about the Flower Gardens in Mexico, etc... and all of them are about how to preserve the enviornment to get oil, but not damage any natural surroundings and stuff... there's this guitar tune that plays in the background, and for the longest time, I've been dying to know what it was... anyone know? :huh:

- Heather

Originally posted by dascoot@Nov 14 2003, 09:23 AM
I think my main problem is router induced on my end. Our connection will just drop for no reason whatsoever, and something about the forum's search engine causes it to happen almost every time, so it gives me an error.. same thing when I'm uploading pictures to the eBay image host I use.. very weird. :blink:
hmm... that is weird. :unsure: i wonder if other people are having issues related to the search engine as well?

The name of that <great> surf-music song is 'Pipeline'. It was originally written and played by Dick Dale and the Del Tones, but again later by The Ventures. It's available from several d/l sites, but I suspect the one we hear on the commercial is remastered.

Gary :D

I thought this one had already been answered: :huh:

Originally posted by LaurenAmy143@Nov 13 2003, 10:50 AM
I just recieved a reply from Shell and this was their reply:

" The music for this advertising was specifically commissioned by the advertising production company we currently use for our global advertising. The composer is Joe Glassman, and the track is titled "Oil over troubled water". It is exclusively available via the said company, J Walter Thompson (JWT) and their global website address is at www. jwt.com "

Who: Joe Glassman
Name of Song: Oil over troubled water
Where can I find it: www.jwt.com

Back