SciFi Channel 2004 lineup

zuffmontana

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new commercial that the SciFi Channel is running for their 2004 Season lineup? Ive tried every route possible. I emailed every link for feedback on scifi.com and posted in their fourms as well. I heard it during the remake of Battlestar Galacticia.

Dont know why SciFi isnt helping the artist that gave them that great song. I know allot of other people we asking about the same song in other fourms i went to.

Any help will be much appreciated.

If you've just emailed them, it could take a few days/weeks to get a response back -- if at all. I don't think anyone has ever dealt with SciFi in the past, so I don't know if they have good Customer Service...

Can you describe the music at all? Genre, vocals - male/female, any lyrics, tempo, etc...

Yeah, it sounded like modern rock and there was a female vocal. They show the commercial all the time on the scifi channel. seen it 3 times today already. its the commercial showing all the movies theyll be showing in 2004. I seen on the scifi boards people asking about music and rarley anyone responded. So thats how I ended up here.

Well I just wanted to post that I found the song I was looking for in case anyone wants it, its called I Dare You To Move by Switchfoot.

Cool! I was just going to post about this.

I'd also like to know what the music was for the previous year's promos shown a lot during the first airing of "Taken". Any ideas?

How did youi find out about Switchfoot, by the way?

Are you absolutely certain that it's Switchfoot? I went out to Amazon and listened to the clip and it doesn't sound anything like it.

And I found out my questin for the earlier cut. It's "Nara" by E.S Posthumus.

So now if we can just confirm that piece of music for this year's promo?

Originally posted by michelle@Dec 11 2003, 10:02 AM
If you've just emailed them, it could take a few days/weeks to get a response back -- if at all. I don't think anyone has ever dealt with SciFi in the past, so I don't know if they have good Customer Service...

Can you describe the music at all? Genre, vocals - male/female, any lyrics, tempo, etc...
scifi channel's customer support is horrible. They don't respond to any emails you send to them. Still trying to find the music to the tattoo man commercial. No response on their board either.

Originally posted by primortal@Dec 17 2003, 05:18 AM
scifi channel's customer support is horrible. They don't respond to any emails you send to them. Still trying to find the music to the tattoo man commercial. No response on their board either.
Obviously a really obscure piece of music, or likely an original/agency production.

I was seeing this new commerical from the SciFi channel of all the new movies and shows that are coming next year and in the background there some cool music in the background.

Can someone tell me what it is? It really be appreaciative.

Thanks

In case anyone asks, Yes it was "I dare you to move" By Switchfoot

and thanks for the E.S. Posthumus referance ^^

Ok all.

Btw a little factoid for ya. Switchfoot is a heavily christian band. I've been listening to them for years. Before they were cool and were a punk/emo band.

Ironicly "dare you to move" Is talking about Christ!

"Dare You to Move," which those familiar with the song will remember to be a challenge to take action with all that is wrong with ourselves and the world around us. Though some non-Christians could potentially interpret the song as transcendental humanism, it's clear Switchfoot cites Christ as the catalyst for change. Progressing from there is "Redemption," a song reminiscent of the New Way to Be Human sound that builds its message around the 4am time frame – the point when yesterday is long gone and tomorrow looms on the horizon, when we can confess and forget about the past and long for the peace and hope the future offers. This is followed by the title track, the focal point of the album about understanding that we aren't intended to live in this fallen world and that placing our faith in anything but Jesus ultimately will disappoint us. The crux of the song is that we are "the Church of the drop-outs, the losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools," sorely in need of grace and a Savior.

~ChristanityToday.com

Just givin yall a heads up. Glad to see they are finally getting the recognition they deserve. Awsome band. Download "meant to live" that album is in dolby!

Awsome on my surround sound setup.

Http://www.switchfoot.com

~Jesus Loves yall~

~Lance

Back