Samsung Athens Olympics

freshfish

Reaction score
hey all! just wondered if anyone who has been watching the Olympics on tv the last couple of days has heard this song. I've seen the commercial run several times. it's basically a Samsung company advertisement, using this one instrumental piece of music. the only way I can describe is that it sounds like something from either a musical or soundtrack, and it's very powerful. if anyone could help out, I'd definitely appreciate it.. :lol:

What's happening in the ad? The Samsung ad I saw during the Opening Ceremonies last night was just a shorter version of the same ones that have aired already, using the same music...

Originally posted by michelle@Aug 14 2004, 07:27 PM
What's happening in the ad? The Samsung ad I saw during the Opening Ceremonies last night was just a shorter version of the same ones that have aired already, using the same music...
ok, this might help. I have a recording of a marching band performing it. listen to this file. the sound quality isn't great, but you can definitely hear what song it is. if anyone knows, don't hesitate to shout out the name :D

I've been watching the Olympics and saw this commercial as well.

It's taken from the "Mishima" soundtrack by composer Philip Glass. It is the opening title song simply called 'Mishima/Opening'.

That song was also used in the "Truman Show" starring Jim Carrey.

yep, that sounds like the one. thanks a lot for helping out!!

Samsung Olympics divers

Really really beautiful piano with lush strings that plays while divers, hurdlers, gymnasts and sprinters move in slow motion against a slightly cloudy deep blue sky.

Someone on Usenet was saying it was Philip Glass. One guy said it was from the score to Mishima and another said it was from 'In the Upper Room:Dance IX'
Is it Glass at all or someone else?
Thanks in advance!

I am certain that this is not the same ad that I am asking about. I've listened and followed the links and the ad is completely different. It's called "Style Meets Performance." There is no info about it on Samsung's global website.

To thejibblies:
I happen to know exactly what it is you're talking about.
Coincidently, I was close to posting a completely new topic on it, but seeing as there are so many Samsung ad topics, I don't think it was nessasary...

Anyway, it's another ad which only comes on during the Olympics coverage. It's a very techno song, sounds like something I've heard before. Unfortunately, I can't point out any group that sounds like it, right now anyway. Sorry >.>
All I remember is two people fencing in dresses, and several other sports, wearing stylish clothes. It's and ad for the company's line of new DLP screens/tv's.

I need this song. Now.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

Back