Redemption: The Stan "Tookie" Williams Story

Eihtball

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this movie, or does anyone have it on DVD? The reason is that I need to know what rap songs were played in the film. I already checked IMDB (which sounds to me like it's wrong), and it doesn't have what I want. I need someone to look at the credits.

I think one of the songs was "Bitch Betta Have My Money" by AMG, but I'm not positive. There were at least two other rap tracks played in the movie.

I did the same thing. In one of the songs, the rapper says, "bitch betta have my money", hence my suspicion that it's that AMG track of the same name, although I only found the song recently, so I don't remember very well if it's the same song as heard in the movie, which I last saw months ago. One of the other songs had a talkbox that said something like, "eastside, westside", and then some rapping. For this reason, I've been checking out rappers who have sampled Zapp & Roger, but no luck so far.

I already checked FirstCom, Mastersource, and all of the other major music catalogs (in case they didn't license tracks from real labels), and they turned up nothing. The best thing would be if I could get somebody to look at the DVD credits.

Originally posted by Eihtball@Sep 23 2004, 05:47 PM
One of the other songs had a talkbox that said something like, "eastside, westside", and then some rapping. For this reason, I've been checking out rappers who have sampled Zapp & Roger, but no luck so far.
Could that be the same song discussed here?

Probably not. The scene in which the song was played was set in the early-90s', and it sounded like a G-Funk tune from that time period. The song in that thread isn't the one.

Well, after all this time, I finally found one of the songs I was looking for, the one with the talkbox in it. It's called "What Cha Claimin' (O.G. Mix)", and it's by a group called Rhyme Poetic Mafia. I still haven't figured out yet if "Bitch Betta Have My Money" is the other song, though.

Back