Nintendo "Who are you?"

I agree with you one hundred and ten percent. The illegal downloading of music is a sin and a crime commited against all of humanity, proliferated by that miniscule unscropulous section of the earth's human population known as Arseton Vile... sorry I mean aston villa football suppourters. Do not let the villa corrupt your mind. Sorry to hot your lovely little spot by requesting inforamtion that could possibly be misconstrued as illegal, but I haven't been so intrested in a topic since they stared soaking paper in acid. Luckliy for me I have no trouble finding acid paper. However obscure Japaneese lounge singers are another story. All apologies said I would like to remind everyone of their civic duty to smash the villa when they come to your town. and oh yea don't download music. :D

Lord Khyron, please re-read the post, no one said anything about infringing on your imaginary rights to download music illegally. It was simply pointed out that this PUBLIC forum isn't the place to discuss specific details on such matters. Our webhosting provider has a strict no-tolerance policy (as most web hosting companies do) about sites hosting info on illegal file trading, warez, etc.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, keep the details of your Kazaa, Soulseek, MLDonkey, BitTorrent, and so on discussions private. That's what Private Messaging and email is for. :)

soxfan
I agree with you one hundred and ten percent. The illegal downloading of music is a sin and a crime commited against all of humanity, proliferated by that miniscule unscropulous section of the earth's human population known as Arseton Vile... sorry I mean aston villa football suppourters. Do not let the villa corrupt your mind. Sorry to hot your lovely little spot by requesting inforamtion that could possibly be misconstrued as illegal, but I haven't been so intrested in a topic since they stared soaking paper in acid. Luckliy for me I have no trouble finding acid paper. However obscure Japaneese lounge singers are another story. All apologies said I would like to remind everyone of their civic duty to smash the villa when they come to your town. and oh yea don't download music.
Maybe i should have wrote this in Japanese. :ph34r: I'm off to find a japanese 2 English dictionary. You have a right to take all the liberties you please in life, so long as you have the bottle to accept the consequence. But I'll be sure to google those strange words in the final paragraph of your message. See you when i get back to Brum Alpay.

Good day,

Besides buying from CDJapan (and I think I will eventually buy "Songs For Gentlemen" there, even though it is costly: about $40US), you can purchase Mayumi Kojima CDs from www.yesasia.com. They are localized in California and have a good selection of her CDs, and they are less expensive there however "Songs for Gentlemen" is currently out of stock.

Know Thyself.

I believe the 2 songs "Hatsukoi are different on both the albums. On the songs for gentelman(song title in japanese) its 5:09 min long while on the me and monky on the moon(song title in chinese) its 4::01 min long. which one is the real one?

maybe one is just an extended version of the same song... ?? could be wrong, though... i haven't heard either CD version.

Originally posted by resinsmp@Oct 23 2003, 08:01 PM
yeah i agree that song is cool...

If anyone really wants to know where to find the song just email me...because as mentioned above, that's what PM and email is for. I myself do not condone the downloading of music either.
I tried to e-mail you but I got the spamblocker thing and then it wouldnt let me send a request.

How do you do. It is called hiro.
I am a Japanese. It lives in Japan.
I seldom understand English. I am writing using translation software.
I'm sorry when there are an impolite expression and an unclear expression.

I was very much surprised to know being used for U.S. CM this time.
It is because selling activities have not been carried out except Japan.
In East Asia, it has been heard that how many kinds of those CDs were put on the market. I do not understand that it is exact.
It is said that it will be broadcast from October for the information on an official site half a year.

URL of an official site
http://www.ultra-vybe.co.jp/artist/kojima/...ojimamayumi.htm

I am managing a Mayumi Kojima fan's site.
Although written in Japanese, of course ...
http://www.geocities.jp/kojimayufan/

But I made BBS for English.
http://cgi.members.interq.or.jp/guitar/jo-...jnote/jnote.cgi
There is a link collection which can hear the sample of many Mayumi Kojima's music in this page.
Please come at once by all means.
Moreover, if you want to hear some in some cases, please hear it.
I answer in the range which I understand.

But please write by the easy text.
It is easy to translate as one sentence is short.

That Mayumi Kojima has those interested by the man of countries other than Japan is feeling that I am very delightful.

can someone name some singers that are like mayumi kojima? i havent listened to jpop in along time. im looking for a bic runga stlye of music, if you know her...

Hum... she's pretty calm in her song and I've not really heard of other jpop singer who has the same style... but I'm interested too in finding one so if someone knows one you'll make 2 people happy instead of 1! :p

if anyone knows of ANY really REALLY good singers give me some ideas

they only singers i can think of that sing anything LIKE kojima is utada hikaru and do as infinity

The singer similar to her is not in Japan.

She talked like this.
"Since my favorite music did not exist in Japan, I myself came to make music. It is the cause which became a singer. "

In Japan, a singer like her is new and is seldom recognized by Japanese listeners. However, big evaluation has been obtained from those who are engaged in music.

http://cgi.members.interq.or.jp/guitar/jo-...jnote/jnote.cgi

I can think of another japanese singer who sounds kind of like her...

their name is "happy end"

and the song is "Kaze Wo Atsumete"

it can be found on the "lost in translation" soundtrack.

i think it's kind of got that soft Jpop melody, i don't know, i like it, you might to! :lol:

-J :blink:

Sweeet. Awesome find uhu ^_^. That's a cool song i've been looking everywhere for it.

Seriously. KOJIMA Mayumi is worth plunking down dollars or yen for.
She's got this great neo-retro big band sound
and just an adorably sweet voice.

Besides CDJapan, if you live near a major city with a Japanese community like San Francisco, NYC, Seattle, etc - try going to your local Japantown and peeking into stores like Kinokuniya. They have decent cd sections in their stores.

http://www.kinokuniya.com/

If you're looking for a male counterpart to her, try american "Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire" and their albums - "oh! the Grandeur!" and "thrills".

If you're looking for more Japanese female vocalists, may I suggest "UA" and another artist named "Bird"? Not necessarily in the same style/genre but such great voices. Absolute chanteuses.

I also highly reccommend the soundtrack to the IWAI Shunji film, "All About Lily Chou-Chou"- a song of which happened to be sampled by Tarrantino in "Kill Bill".

Back