Nike Football Leave Nothing

Promontory is the song that's used in the commercial. I just compared The Kiss with Promontory and It's definitely Promontory that's featured in the Nike Commercial.

I believe the version of Promontory in the commercial is done by Charlie Gear, off of "The Burning Man" album.

Originally posted by Evilmanta@Sep 17 2007, 11:34 PM
Promontory is the song that's used in the commercial. I just compared The Kiss with Promontory and It's definitely Promontory that's featured in the Nike Commercial.
Where is "Promontory" shown in the movie Last of the Mohicans?

I too would like to download this ad or save it some how...its like a short film. Or does anyone know if one can buy a dvd with this commercial in it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I also heard this piece in The Departed, or at least a trailer for the film.

I'm not sure if it was in The Departed or not, but Hollywood does tend to shamelessly recycle its great tunes. I could've sworn Rachael Portman's blissful piano tune from The Cider House Rules has been used in another film. The rousing tune from The Mission by great Ennio Morricone was used in yet another film too.

At any rate, the tune in the Nike commercial actually appears twice in the official soundtrack/CD of the The Last of the Mohicans. However, it's definitely called "Promentory".

For those who know their films... The Last of the Mohicans (1992) is the film that brought back the period action adventure genre. (Of course, The Mission, which was directed by Roland Joffé, and starring Robert Deniro came out in 1986.) Then came Legends of the Fall (1994) with Brad Pitt and Mel Gibson's Braveheart (1995) & The Patriot (2000), followed further by The Gladiator (2000), Troy (2004) and ultimately 300 (2006) and so on. :p

Anyway, I love these testosterone laden fantasy flicks, where men were men and women were all but hopeless, hapless & helpless objects of our righteous desires. :devil:

Of course I did have a very difficult time watching Alexander (2004), despite being a huge fan of Colin Farrell. That film had way, way too much man-luvin' scenes--if you ask me. :(

Back