Melbourne Australia tourism

bx3

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song featured in the Melbourne tourism ("Far, far from ordinary") ad, which airs frequently during ESPN2's coverage of the Australian Open?

The commercial juxtaposes imagery of Melbourne in summer (e.g., kangaroo at vineyards, rooftop party, couple walking on the beach) with inhabitants of an unidentified city in winter, interacting through a framed window/mirror.

The song lyrics, sung by a female, are as follows:

I wanna know,
I wanna know what you know.
I wanna go,
(where do you go?)
I wanna go where you go when you're gone.

Thank in advance for anyone's help.

Re: Aussie Open_Melbourne tourism_ESPN

Thank you! I've been wondering about this for days, too. Google search has completely failed me.

Re: Aussie Open_Melbourne tourism_ESPN

Yes I would love to know this too!

beyoyo2:

YOU...ARE...MY...HERO!

thank you so much.

Re: Melbourne tourism

The song from the Melbourne commercial playing during the Australian Open is "A Heart Divided" by Holly Throsby.

Link to song on YouTube:

I have been watching the Australian Open and trying like heck to figure out the second line of lyrics...I have also watched the YouTube video several times, and I still don't get what she is saying. It might be that I'm just not getting the Australian accent, but it doesn't look or sound like she is saying, "I wanna know what you know." It looks like she is dropping the end of the word after "I wanna know..." If you are sure that's the lyric, i.e. if you've seen it in print or you know the song, I'll be more than happy to accept that that is what she is saying. This is at least the second year the Tourism Board has used this commercial, and I didn't get it last year, either...

Never mind, I've found the lyrics and you were right. Mystery solved and I'll be able to sleep tonight...after the tennis...

Back