Lincoln Launch countdown

QuasiKoz

Reaction score
I saw a Lincoln car commercial that debuted a whole bunch of their new model cars. It had a dance beat with a countdown as the "lincoln launch" ad ran. I've heard it before so I know it's not a brand new song, but I've been trying to figure out what this song is.

The commercial isn't on Lincoln's site and I've haven't been able to find it on YouTube. Anybody else see this commercial and know what the song is?

Quasi you should try The Crystal Method's "High Roller" the 4th track on their Vegas album.

Correct. It is the song "High Roller" from artist The Crystal Method. Some of the catchy lyrics you may recognize from the commercial are "this transmission is coming to you...Alright... We got it..."

One of the better/best Lincoln commercials I have ever seen.

I joined these forums only to say, that you are absolutely right stickyfrog! I just saw the commercial a few minutes ago and I knew it sounded familiar but I just couldn't place my mind on it. Found this post, went to my Vegas album, and realized DUH, I have this song! :lol:

The funny thing is that I distinctly recall the same song being used in a car commercial around 1999 or 2000... except it was a Mazda ad (prior to the whole "zoom zoom" slogan). :lol:

for the last week or so (july 08) there has been a lincoln mkx commercial, about 30 seconds long, on the screen is written "lincoln mkx 2008" and "the launch". the music is sorta techno. anybody know who or what it is?

Affirming that it is "High Roller" by Crystal Method.

This song is also featured in the USAF Thunderbirds Air Show.

Re: Top Ad Music for 2008?

Hi new to the site and I was wondering if anyone has seen the other LINCOLN TV COMMERCIAL that also features a NASA like countdown in the background but is very techno and cool. BUT it isn't the CAT POWER, SPACE ODDITY track.

Thanks

Well, one of those Lincoln commercials uses a countdown from the song by Shiney Toy Guns "Ground control to major Tom" :)

Oh sorry! I am new to this site ...in fact I was just researching the Major Tom song and stumbled upon this site...and joined. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh sorry! I am new to this site ...in fact I was just researching the Major Tom song and stumbled upon this site...and joined. Thanks for clarifying.
No problem. Welcome to the site! :)

Back