Liberty Mutual people helping others

I just saw the ad for the first time, and thought it was pretty nice... The song sounds familiar -- wasn't able to catch lyrics this time, did you?

It's the ad where people are saving people/doing random acts of kindness...

Yes, I just saw that commercial! The song they used is by a female-singer fronted band called hem. The song is "Half Acre" and is off what I believe to be their debut album "Rabbit Songs." I've heard both their "Rabbit Songs" and "Eveningland" albums and they are both excellent (the song in the commercial is a good representation of their overall sound). I believe the band is Irish and their website is--to my best recollection--hemmusic.com. I know they occasionally put up free mp3 downloads on their site so you should check it out.

Hope I don't sound like a pr rep--I just really like this band and I'm pleased they're getting this attention.

Actually, the voiceover on the spot is Concetta Tomei. If you remember the show, Providence, Concetta played the mother who dies in the first episode and keeps coming back in the dreams of her daughter to give her advice. How do I know this? I'm the writer who conceived the commercial. You can read more about the campaign at http://www.hhcc.com/?p=149.

I just saw Hem in concert out here in SF ( although I think they are from Cincinnati?) they opened for Over the Rhine who also have an awesome female vocalist. They were great and I was so psyched to hear them on the tv. Cool ad.

Originally posted by towerofpower@Jun 9 2006, 04:40 AM
Actually, the voiceover on the spot is Concetta Tomei. If you remember the show, Providence, Concetta played the mother who dies in the first episode and keeps coming back in the dreams of her daughter to give her advice. How do I know this? I'm the writer who conceived the commercial. You can read more about the campaign at http://www.hhcc.com/?p=149.

Nice work, it's a beautiful and moving short film. B)

Does anyone know the music that is heard in the background during the commercial for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Thanks!

Thanks so much leone! I've been looking all over the place for this song.

It's the Liberty Mutual commercial where different situations have different people helping others, like picking up childs toy from the street or letting someone cut in to traffic. The whole time this song is soft in the backround it sounds like a piano or synth but it's a female voice, kinda high, it does sound a little folkish. Can anyone help. Thanks

Thank you so much for getting back to me. That song has been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Thank you so much again...

I was just wondering whether or not anyone knew the name of the song that a woman sings in a 'Liberty Mutual' commercial about responsibility or something...thanks much!

Back