Lexus RS/IS/RX 350

I'm pretty sure it's the Lakme Flower Duet, or the Dome Epais in French, by Leo Delibes. It's a classical piece with ahh's in it and recently two of my friends sang it in a recital and they mentioned it was in a Lexus commercial. So I'm thinking this has to be it. Hopefully I could help!

Originally posted by spidersscareme@Nov 13 2005, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the Lakme Flower Duet, or the Dome Epais in French, by Leo Delibes. It's a classical piece with ahh's in it and recently two of my friends sang it in a recital and they mentioned it was in a Lexus commercial. So I'm thinking this has to be it. Hopefully I could help!
It's not the Lakme Flower Duet for sure.

I tried to find a place to email Lexus but man they don't make it easy! Anyone else have an idea about who to contact?

Bad news for us, here is a response i got from a lexus canada representative. its the acceleration ad.

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We currently have 3 commercials airing. The first is our Lexus brand ad names "Moments" which has an original nameless music score developed specially for the commercial. The second and third are commercials for the new Lexus IS. "Roundabout" features an original nameless score and the soundtrack for "Acceleration" is a re-work of a classical piece of music - Mozart Symphony No. 40 in G minor: l. Molto Allegro.

In the end, the music from all three commercials was designed for the advertisements specifically and are either original pieces or original re-makes and cannot be found as stand-alone compositions.

We hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Diane Lafreniere
Customer Relations
Lexus Canada

Hi everyone, i just register today to this site cuz like you i was looking for that classical mix song from the is350 ad. And i'm pleasantly glad and surprise to see that i'm not the only one who cares about songs in tv ads. i'm also a big fan of any good tv commercials.
Hopefully someday i'll be able to help someone find a song.
Has anyone tried finding answers on Adcritic.com, you need to be a paid customer thought!

later y'all !

Hey Guys,

There's a thread on this subject somewhere on this site. The song is a remix on the theme of Mozart's 40th Symphony. The track was written specifically for the commercial by Toronto based audio design company Grayson Matthews.

Here's their website:

http://www.graysonmatthews.com/

Originally posted by dobyboby@Nov 20 2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.graysonmatthews.com/
Gasp! dobyboby that's a great find. I'm going to put the shyness aside for 5 minutes and email Mr Matthews (?). How did you unearth that anyway ??

By the way for all who might have a problem with the javascript on that website, you can go to the real second page by clicking here.

sinjiv: Bad news but every tidbit of info helps. At least now we have an ad name. It's not a very good name for google searches tho :)

Hey all I emailed Toyota Canada and recieved this reply, sorry I didn't post sooner but was in the Dominican Rep.

Hi can you tell me the name of and who sings the tune in the new lexus IS
350 commercial. Its a Mozrt remix and is causing quite a stir. Good way to
advertise!

Thanks,
Nick Bains

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The music used in our current IS Series advertising campaign is a custom score created by a music house especially for the commercial. We are not aware of the score's title.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

James McWade
Customer Relations
Lexus Canada

Let's not give up on this one guys, brainstorm!

NB

Hey all I emailed grayson mathews and this is what I got back.

Dear Nick,

You probably know this but the piece you're referring to is based on MOZART.
Symphony #40 in G minor, 1st movement "Molto Allegro", to be exact.

It only exists in the format you hear on the commercial as it was composed
specifically for that.

Again thank you for your kind words and interest. All the very best of luck
to you.

I emailed back to ask for the 30 second score but no reply. Maybe if we all emailed we could get the base song released and someone could remix it.

So close!

NB

This is what they told me... they finally took our advice! I was inquiring about a different song and i noticed this is the same company for the lexus commercials... So i think we can all expect a good release soon enough!

Hi Brody!

Thank you for your interest in Grayson Matthews and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback!

Smirnoff Cocktail Shaker was written by the folks here at Grayson Matthews!

You will be happy to hear that due to the high volume of requests for the music done here, we are currently working on a Grayson Matthews album that will include your request as well as others. This compilation will be available on iTunes sometime this year.

Thank you again and please continue to check out our website for more updates.

Sincerely,
Grayson Matthews

There is a pop version of 'Mozart Symphony no 40.' Floating around. It's similar to the commercial's song... unfortunately, I was shafted for resources on Limewire. >.> So I'm unable to get it. If I do, I'll upload it and put the link here for you all.

Back