Levi's "Walk the Line" covers

Nope... so far... it is not Dani or Mara. I have not heard the Norah Jones and Joel Harrison version... but it seems very experimental to be Norah. I would like to know too... and can not seem to get any info. Kinda odd. :eek:(

Duplicate topics merged.

If anyone finds who sings this song has my eternal gratitude. This has been bothering me all week. :/

This is directly from Levi Strauss & Co.

Hi Christopher

The following is the only information we have available of your request:
Music: Modem Cover version of the song "Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash (not released)

Sincerely,

Sonia,

Sonia
Levi Strauss & Co.
sonher3093460

I started scrambling all over the internet to figutre this out myself, and decided to join this board to add my two cents.

I haven't heard the male version, but the female version sounds suspiciously like The Cardigans, from Sweden. She's got the breathiness, and she finishes off a couple of her syllables like Nina Persson does in their music. Also, the musical stylings has that retro/techno thing going for it, like the Cardigans do so well.

SO...
for the record...
I say The Cardigans.

So.... is the band "Modern" I can not believe that Levi is not releasing the info. That is odd.

hmmm.... not too sure about cardigans either I searched all the p2p servers and torrrent sites and googles to boot... ffound nothing. :eek:(

I know what you mean about the Cardigans. It definitely sounds like it could be her, but last I heard, they weren't going to do any more commercials. I think Lovefool was used in a car commercial and they used the money to fund some alternative fuel campaign (or something like that). I doubt they'd do another mainstream commercial, even if it is just for jeans.

Does anyone know anything about the Moderns? Could they be both the male and female singers?

I emailed her again so we will see what she says. maybe she can do some digging for us. maybe Ill get some new jeans. A bribe to get me leave her alone. LOL I love levi's. I went through ever song on iTunes and its not there yet, so yall start looking somewhere else and quit wasting your money on the wrong people. ;) Lates if I find out Ill let yall know.

Christopher

Oh yeah, I think she was saying "A Modern Cover" of walk the line. Not the name of the band. Sorry I just typed it word for word. :blink:

Originally posted by pklulu@Jul 26 2006, 03:25 PM
I am about 99% sure that the male version of "walk the line" is Connor Oberst, but i havent found any proof of that....The girl version, i have no idea.
When I heard it that's exactly who I thought it was too.

This is straight from Levi Strauss & Co.

"It is a modern version of the Johnny Cash song "Walk the line" the female version is sung by Megan Wyler, an American singer, she does not have any commercially released work as of today. The male version is Adem IIhan, who performs in the British band Fridge."

If any can find the song, let me know!!

-rumorluvzme

is there any news on whether or not they'd release singles? Cause I know Megan isn't signed and I'm not sure if he has any solo releases

Originally posted by covenas@Aug 1 2006, 11:55 AM
so the search continues...
well actually the search is over. all we have to do now is wait for Ms. Wyler to get signed.

I guess this info will partially solve the nods on Levi's commercial
After detailed research, it turned out that the song was sung by Megan Wyler, but it is not commercially available. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the male singer..
that's it... I guess now we sit and wait for somebody make it available in the virtual universe...

This is what I can gather from doing a bit of research. The version with the male singing in by a guy named Adem IIhan (lead singer for a band called Fridge). The female version is sung by a woman named Megan Wyler. It is true however that both versions are unreleased. I've tried for quite sometime to locate them with no luck.

Back