Levi's Jeans 569 Straight Leg

amesblog

Reaction score
The commercial features a guy who tries on a pair of jeans in a store and the mannequin follows him around and then follows him home in a thunderstorm. The jeans are about the classic levi classic fit jeans, the song that plays is "I put a spell on you", but it's a version I've never in my life heard before, it sounds almost like blues. If anyone knows who might be singing this song, let me know!

Thank you.
Ames :blink:

I am going to go with Nina Simone.
Dark, gravelly voice? I vaguely remember seeing the comerical. But I am pretty sure its Nina Simone
(sorry for any bad spelling :D )

Here's a long list of people who have covered the song "I Put A Spell On Your," including Nina Simone. You can hear an audio sample of Nina's version here, track 1.

Nina simone was a great guess, but in the commercial, it is a man, sounds almost like B.B. king, Nina simone sounds female. lol

:unsure:

Did you check the audio sample I gave? I saw the ad and thought, that can't be Nina Simone cause it's so "manly" sounding... Then I listened to the sample, and I was confused if it was actually her or not. She's got a pretty deep voice... :unsure:

I just saw the commercial. It's not Nina Simone. Sorry. It's Screamin Jay Hawkins.
Its the original version. Nine Simone (among others) covered it my bad.
her version is great too :D

Originally posted by lahlaah@Jul 20 2004, 06:45 PM
I just saw the commercial. It's not Nina Simone. Sorry. It's Screamin Jay Hawkins.
Its the original version. Nine Simone (among others) covered it my bad.
her version is great too :D
Cool. I really was confused, cause I couldn't remember the ad exactly, just that it did sound kind of manly! :lol:

Anyway, Screamin' Jay Hawkin's original can be found on his album of the same name. Link goes to available audio sample, track 1.

Hey all, thanks for so much help and support, I greatly appreciate it. I knew it couldn't have been Nina simone, because like I previously said, the song was by a man. I'm glad someone knew or found out it was the Screamin Jayhawks, that version is the original, which fascinates me, especially for how good it is!!

Rarely does any commercial or show play an original version of any song. But I'm very pleased, I just purchased the CD! WOO HOO!

Thank you all !!

Ames :blink:

Note to self: Levi's actually has their ads to watch online, and they even give the name of the music! :lol: Here.

I heard this song on a new levis commerical it goes sumthing like "ive got a spell on you, because your mine" and so on. At the beginning of it it has a guy who steals the pants from a manikin. If you could i would like the artist and title of the song. Any help is welcome. :D

I don't know for sure if it was from the Levi's Jeans commercial but I'm pretty sure. I can't really remember all the lyrics but it sounds kind of like an older song, at the end you hear the singing man like laughing very evily. In the commercial this guy buys the Levi's Jeans, which he took from a dummy, stand behind the glass window of the store, the dummy doesn't like it so he goes hunting for the guy who bought those pants the dummy was wearing, kinda funny, but the song's good too.

"I Put a Spell on You" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins (I could be off about the spelling of the last name.) This has been answered before I believe. :usesearch:

Back