Kohl's "Fits" Back to School

poke a dot

Reaction score
I saw this commercial a little while ago and I just remembered that I wanted to come here to try to figure out what the song was. I'm pretty sure it was a Kohl's commercial, but I'm not 100% positive. It was a back to school kinda thing, with kids dancing around and lots of colors... lol. I think the song was just like a catchy kinda pop rock song or something like that... anyone?

the most recent kohls back to school ad i saw was with a bunch of kids in colourful getups dancing alot, the song was a loop from stagga lee's "rock ya body mic check 1, 2", but i am not sure if this is the one you are looking for

Originally posted by stefankk@Aug 18 2004, 12:38 AM
the most recent kohls back to school ad i saw was with a bunch of kids in colourful getups dancing alot, the song was a loop from stagga lee's "rock ya body mic check 1, 2", but i am not sure if this is the one you are looking for
that's the ad for JC Penny.

I know exactly what you are talking about and it's driving me nuts that I can't find it. It sounds like it would really fun to bop around to. Can anyone help us? Here's what I have:   There is a song being played on a commercial for Kohl's Department Store kids shoes. two bits of lyrics are:
"Stuck on you like a pair of shoes"
&
"I just want to make the world jump up and down"
Help? It's just such a fun bouncy happy tune that I would like to know who has done it?

Many thanks,
Birdman

It's actually a JC Penny commercial and the Artist: MVP (Most Valuable Playas) The Album: Stagga Lee Presents: MVP Song: Roc Ya Body "Mic Check 1,2"

Actually the one Birdman is talking about is a Kohl's add. The singer sounds like Lenny Kravitz but I haven't been able to find anything. Besides the lyrics that Birdman listed there's also something about a sophiticated lady. Hope that helps.

Actually the one Birdman is talking about is a Kohl's add. The singer sounds like Lenny Kravitz but I haven't been able to find anything. Besides the lyrics that Birdman listed there's also something about a sophiticated lady.

Heh? It sounds like you're talking about the Gap commercial with Lenny Kravitz and Sarah Jessica Parker.

There is a Kohl's commercial with kids and a line that goes "stuck on you like a pair of shoes" and it sounds more like Sugar Ray or even Smash Mouth.

Originally posted by jasabra@Sep 6 2004, 10:23 AM
There is a Kohl's commercial with kids and a line that goes "stuck on you like a pair of shoes" and it sounds more like Sugar Ray or even Smash Mouth.
That's exactly what I thought. It's someone that sounds like Sugar Ray singing what sounds like a ripoff of a Smash Mouth song.
I never could find anything on a lyric search so I'm thinking it was made for the ad based on the intentional soundalikes.

Originally posted by YSAPrincess23@Sep 6 2004, 03:03 AM
Actually the one Birdman is talking about is a Kohl's add. The singer sounds like Lenny Kravitz but I haven't been able to find anything. Besides the lyrics that Birdman listed there's also something about a sophiticated lady. Hope that helps.
No I'm talking about a Kohl's ad and it sounded like Kravitz to me.

Look, the Kravits one is for the Gap, it has Sarah Jessica Parker and Kravits on the friggin thing together. The one I want to know about IS for Kohl's, and has the lyrics I have previously posted. Please can anyone help out for the right song?!?

Many thanks, and pardon the exasperation,

Birdman ;)

Hi, I'm lookuing also, my little guy is driving me crazy with this, I 'm familiar with the lyric's " I just want tosee the world jump up and down" however I cannot putit together with a title. If you ever find the title please inform me.

Thanks pw

So you recognize the lyrics like it's a song not made just for the ad? Or you just recognize it from the commercial?

KIDS ARE PLAY AND AT THE END OF THE COMMERCIAL THIS LITTLE BOY RUNS IN THE CLASS ROOM SHOWING HE HAD LEARN HOW TO TIE HIS SHOE LACESES

i have bad news for you all...
Q. What is the name of the song in your ads?
A. Thank you for your interest in Kohl's Department Stores television and radio advertising. The music currently featured in Kohl's broadcast advertising was created by studio musicians exclusively for Kohl's TV and radio ads, and is therefore not available to purchase. Thanks again for your interest in Kohl's broadcast advertising.

sorry :(

Well Idk if you guys are still actively searching for this song but I found the ad in a youtube video about a minute in. I completely forgot about this ad until the other day and now I'm searching for the song too. If it was made for the commercial I don't assume there's a full length song (But ya never know), but it would be cool to find out who wrote and recorded it. It's so catchy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sY2zHHGVFM&t=69s

Reactions: jca
I know exactly what you are talking about and it's driving me nuts that I can't find it. It sounds like it would really fun to bop around to. Can anyone help us? Here's what I have: There is a song being played on a commercial for Kohl's Department Store kids shoes. two bits of lyrics are:
"Stuck on you like a pair of shoes"
&
"I just want to make the world jump up and down"
Help? It's just such a fun bouncy happy tune that I would like to know who has done it?

Many thanks,
Birdman
I just want to make the world
jump up and down
at the same time
baby what do you say now?

I'm stuck on you like a pair of shoes cause we go together for miles

Or something like that. I posted a link to the add in a comment below.

There was an ad for Kohl's back to school shoes from when I was a kid I completely forgot about until I found it on an ad compilation on Youtube.

I found a thread on here from 2004 that didnt answer much, but someone on there claims to have asked someone (from kohl's advertising company I guess??) and they claim it was studio musicians written specifically for that ad. I guess my question is--Who are these musicians? I'm kind of hoping there's a longer version.
The lyrics are:

I just wanna make the world
jump up and down
at the same time
(Baby what do you say)
Stuck on you like a pair of shoes cause we've gone together for miles
stuck on you like a pair of shoes cause baby you fit my style

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my question is--Who are these musicians? I'm kind of hoping there's a longer version.
Unfortunately it is unlikely a full length version of that music was ever produced or released to the public.

Kohl's ad agency of record back in 2004 was McCann Erickson (now known as McCann) -- you could try contacting McCann and ask for information about that ad campaign from their archives -- such as producer/music credits for the Kohl's "Fits" commercial.

Back