Keep on Rolling

diverdan

Reaction score
Anyone know who sings this tune. It goes" We keep you rolling, yeh we keep you ROLLING!"
Sounds like classic rock and it is driving me crazy. It has been airing for some time now.
Thanks

No it can't be them- this sounds like Dobbie Brothers or Boston, but it is not them.

Hmmm, then sorry, I don't know. Maybe some of the wiser (older) members can help you.

You heard it on the radio? Was it just an ad for the local GM dealer? You might want to try calling the radio station and asking them if it's a national ad or local.

Pretty sure it's national. In fact, this guy mentions what I think is the song in MSNBC report: Read the third paragraph.

This is what is so comfounding. I have done all kinds of lyric searches to no avail. I also e-mailed GM but who knows if they will respond.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else?

I haven't seen the Ad myself, but the song sounds like it could be REO Speedwagon's "Roll with the Changes"

I thought everyone might like to see the response I got from GM. Bottom line is I will never get the song, even though I think it is a real one, not a 30 second produced ad. Thanks all who tried to help. Oh well, all of my problems should be this small :D

Thank you for contacting the General Motors Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to music spot played on the radio.

We receive many positive messages from customers regarding the music that is used in GM commercials as well as requests for where they may obtain this music. The musical selections in our commercials are often written exclusively for the commercial. Then they are recorded by studio musicians as 30-second time spots. The music remains untitled and is not available for public sale. Other songs are remakes of popular songs, used by permission, and may be available at your local music store.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our General Motors Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

I thought some might be interested in the answer, which I got TODAY! I heard the ad on the radio again. It had been not playing as much and this time, I was prepared with a pencil. It was for oasis auto group, here in New Jersey. They sell about 7 car brands- hense the confusion. A call to them led me to their advertizement dept, which was the key. They gave me the phone number of an agency in NYC that handled their account. There, I spoke to a Shane who not only told me that it was a studio session, but sent me the MP3! WOW. Persistance paid off. If anyone wants it I will e-mail you the file. It is 3 megs though...

Back