I finally made my way HERE, too

Originally posted by andy@Aug 29 2005, 02:10 PM
Sounds like YOU have the flu... :)
*gasp*

He's BRILLIANT! That boy is BRILLIANT!

Oh Andy, you'll make a fine pharmacist one day.

Originally posted by givemfitz@ Aug 29 2005, 02:09 PM
But I do have a nasty nonproductive cough, fever, chills, and EVERYTHING hurts. :(
:( Lemme go find the name of the stuff I use.

I always got sick when school got back in, all them kids and their germs mashed together, breathing each other's air..

Hope you feel better. :(

Originally posted by Enyone@Aug 29 2005, 12:14 PM
:( No are you ok? How is everything? *biting fingernails*
Well I've been sneezing every few minutes, other than that now I just have a cold and a crap load of make up work for school. :(

Originally posted by a_iver+Aug 29 2005, 08:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Aug 29 2005, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by easilywow@Aug 29 2005, 11:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-a_iver
@Aug 29 2005, 05:37 AM
heh heh @ fitz

Hmmmmmm.... well.. I just made a drawing of two peoples heads growing out of a tree with birds flying over a sunset, i dunno... i.. .can't think with all this pressure. :confused:

I like the dichotomy of hostility with peace.
heh heh, she knows big words. :blush: [/b][/quote]
Yes indeed.
I'm a writer
and I read the dictionary in my free time.
(No, really)
But I'm not like one of those socially awkward people who will intentionally try to use cool words like "interdigitate" in everyday conversation.
Nor am I one of those shitty writers who's skill is based on rhetoric and a jumble of so-called "big words." I'm a blunt writer...honest to the core..and in my opinion, that's what qualifies me as "good."
Unless I'm in a hurry and writing a paper for a class I really don't care about, or if I want to circumsribe my way around the answer to a question/prompt because I don't actually know the answer...then it's all, "It can be conjectured, due to that the foundation of this story...blah blah blah blah blah."
But random words kind'a just pop into my head and linger there until I give them full attention. "Ambulatory" was the most recent. Hm hm hm.
Sorry so long. I have too much to say, I swear. Writer's gift-curse. - wink -

Well I found my new editor ;)
I like the word nonchalant :) and epitome <~~ I throw that word around to much

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 29 2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah. She used one on me that I needed to look up but I was too lazy. So I substituted the word priapism cos the spelling was close and I liked what she had to say when I used it. :p
It was "malapropism," which is the intential misusage of a word, or well..according to dictionary.com it's "Ludicrous misuse of a word, especially by confusion with one of similar sound."
You substituted with the word "priapism!" Sheesh! I was all flattered at first that you liked what I had to say...and then I looked up "priapism." :(

Originally posted by andy@Aug 29 2005, 09:19 AM
You want interesting, eh?

ORAL SEX
Not exactly original, but I guess oral sex is pretty interesting.

Originally posted by easilywow@Aug 29 2005, 05:06 PM
It was "malapropism," which is the intential misusage of a word, or well..according to dictionary.com it's "Ludicrous misuse of a word, especially by confusion with one of similar sound."
You substituted with the word "priapism!"
:lol: :lol: Oh Fitz.. you irony magnet..

Originally posted by Enyone@Aug 29 2005, 01:05 PM
I'd love to be your editor.
I like the word..hmm...I like a lot of words.
Phantasmagoria is one of my favourites. I use the word "absolute" a lot. Potential. I know a lot of words that start with p and c..for some reason. Alacrity is a pretty cool word, one of my newer favourites. Dexterity.
But..I like different words for different reasons; some for meaning, others for sound, and even some just for the way they appear on paper. "Edification" has a very "official" look to it.
OH! Phosphene! That's definitely one of my favourite words. Not sure why. 'Cause Salvador Dali used it in his autobiography, I 'spose..and he turns me on.

Originally posted by easilywow+Aug 29 2005, 11:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (easilywow @ Aug 29 2005, 11:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Enyone@Aug 29 2005, 01:05 PM
I'd love to be your editor.
I like the word..hmm...I like a lot of words.
Phantasmagoria is one of my favourites. I use the word "absolute" a lot. Potential. I know a lot of words that start with p and c..for some reason. Alacrity is a pretty cool word, one of my newer favourites. Dexterity.
But..I like different words for different reasons; some for meaning, others for sound, and even some just for the way they appear on paper. "Edification" has a very "official" look to it.
OH! Phosphene! That's definitely one of my favourite words. Not sure why. 'Cause Salvador Dali used it in his autobiography, I 'spose..and he turns me on. [/b][/quote]
:) :( im not gonna understand a word she says

Back