HP Invent Digital Photo

antaeus162

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit stumped - :huh:

Do any of you know the name of and the artist who performed the song found in the new HP Invent Digital Photo Commercial? The commercial is a series of real life scenes that are kinda cut up and made to look like pictures with special effects. If this helps any, the end sequence is a kid putting pictures he took on a table and then the table is then kinda morphed into and becomes a real scene of people walking.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

jenny7769

Reaction score
that's an old Cure song called "Pictures of You". It sounds like someone did a cover of it on the ad...rock on.

babyluv

Reaction score
Antaeus162,

Thank you for your sweet comments on my post, you are the greatest, and thank you for telling me about this site. :D

Babyluv :wub:

modofo

Reaction score
Hmmm...Like Jenny I could have sworn that this wasn't the original version. Anyone know if they re-recorded for the ads?

Maithu_Ruadh

Reaction score
The new commercial for an HP Digital Camera has this great mid-80's-sounding British pop song...but I can't figure out who it is. It's not Squeeze or Echo & The Bunnymen or The Smiths...and I can't seem to find any information about it on the net. Any help would be great!

Maithu_Ruadh

Reaction score
Ok...I spoke too soon and now I feel like a goon haha.

It's "Pictures Of You" by The Cure

RedDog7

Reaction score
Does anyone know what song is on the new(ish) Kodak commercial? I believe the song is by the Depeche Mode but I could be wrong. Its a sad but sweet song. The commercial is og people as pictures, and the last seen is a huge city square with lots of people as photographs. I beleieve some of the lyrics are "All I've got is pictures of you...", somewhat on that line.

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
Yeah, it kinda sounds like Depeche Mode.. It's actually The Cure "Pictures of You".. and it's for HP, not Kodak. :)

Jabbok

Reaction score
Just saw an ad for Hewlett Packard camera's. The song went "I've been living so long with these pictures of you...."

I went to the HP website but didn't find anything.

Does anyone know the name of this song and/or artist?

Thanks

Compudoc

Reaction score
I KNEW that song sounded familiar...

It is "Pictures of You" by The Cure from their Album Disintegration.

Ciao...

Lou

:D

sergio

Reaction score
So there is this HP commercial about digital photgraphy. And the soundtrack sounds liek a Cure tune, and the word picture or photo is in the lyrics....ahhhhh help me!!!!

Thanks all..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sergio

Reaction score
but what did you do a search for mellisa? i searched for HP Pictures and got nothing....other than my own thread now ;-)

Sunna

Reaction score
The one where they are singing a song that has the word photo in it, something like "these photos are all we have" thanks.