Geico Insurance "Asleep"

kenyonv

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what tune is on the latest Geico commercial? The commercial is one where everyone is asleep in the car including the Geico reptile? The music is instumental guitar.

hey all, new poster here...

there is a geico car insurance commercial playing currently...

its a family of four driving at night, the camera pans past the father driving, to the mom, daughter, son, and finally computer generated lizard sleeping...

the guitar music is captivating...and i was wondering if anyone knew where it came from and how i can get a copy of it.....

thanks!

Welcome! Please :usesearch: whenever possible. Hopefully I'll hear something positive soon.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Name That Tune!

It's now been a couple of weeks since my two new ads ("Dogs" and "Asleep") have hit the airwaves — I've finally made my return to the Silver Screen! I would like to thank the academy... oh sorry.

I really enjoyed working with my fellow "canine" actors, cat fans stay on the lookout for another commercial. I don't remember much about the other ad since I fell asleep while they were filming it & all the work really took it out of me.

Many of my loyal fans want to know about the music for these spots. For the "Dogs" ad, we used the song, "Lonesome Magic Vice Harvest" by Alexandre Geindre. The song is available on the CD entitled "Fashion Week #1". M. Geindre is a French artist, but the CD is available at both Amazon.com and Barnes And Noble.

The song used for the ad where I am sleeping in the back seat of the minivan was an original recording prepared for GEICO, it's not available. Keep those good e-mails coming, I love getting fan mail.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Hello everybody. I too thought this tune sounded great and was bummed to find out it isn't a full/purchaseable song. However, for several days I just still couldn't get it out of my head. So for any of you handy with an acoustic, just needing to get if out of your system too, here you go...

Tab for "Asleep" Geico Commercial
By: John Weicher
March 16, 2004

I think this is right.
Probably should play it on a Acoustic-Electric with just a little reverb.
It sounds dead on.

Capo 1st Fret

e|------------------|
B|---3-3--2--023-2--|
G|----2--2--------2-| (Basically x4 I think...)
D|---0--------------|
A|------0----2---0--|
E|------------------|

Then...

e|--------------0---------------32-|
B|--3-3--3--3-3-----3-3--3--3-3----|
G|---4--4----4-------4--4----4-----| Then back into the top
D|--5-------5-------5-------5--5---|
A|-----5-------5-------5-----------|
E|---------------------------------|

Any corrections/comments, let me know.
Thanks.

So sad that so much really beautiful ad music isn't for sale. If the composers only knew the potential...
These days I think the music for a lot of commercials is really artful. Someone should put out a promotional CD with all the really popular but not for sale commercial music. I'd buy it!

I'm new, and don't mean to nit-pick but fluke111 your tab may need an adjustment:

e|------------------|
B|---3-3--2--023-2--|
G|----2--2--------2-| (Basically x4 I think...)
D|---0--------------|
A|------0----2---0--|
E|------------------|

Then...

e|-------------->5<-------------32-|
B|--3-3--3--3-3-----3-3--3--3-3----|
G|---4--4----4-------4--4----4-----| Then back into the top
D|--5-------5-------5-------5--5---|
A|-----5-------5-------5-----------|
E|---------------------------------|

I was so happy to find this, I've been trying to catch it on tv to record but I never could. I also emailed gecko @ geico but never received a response. It is a catch-y little tune, and I was a little sad to learn that there was not an entire song. Thanks again fluke111 for the tablature!!!

Ha ha, you know what, you're totally right! And on the copy that I have on my computer here, I too have it as 5. I must have screwed it up copying it into the window here. I had some huge problems b/c I couldn't get this form systems features to apply its little tag buttons to text that you just copy in to get it into a standard spaced font. I ended up having to do the dumb thing by hand...

But thanks for catching it though! I personally can't stand it when you get that tab that sounds just a bit off and you can't figure out why...

if anyone could clue me in as to what song is playing in the geico commercial where the gecko is asleep buckled into the back seat of the car with the children, that would be greatly appreciated. it seems to be an instrumental acoustic guitar piece, as i dont recall any words in the music. if its a specifically composed piece for the spot, oh well, i'll deal. thanks to anyone who can help. i appreciate it.

well scratch that idea.......like a n00b i didnt read too far into the pther pages in the forum. but apparently its not available. sorry to waste anyones time, lol.

i know this is a long shot but its a intrumental acoustic guitar, a mercedes is driving through a city with the kids, mom and lizard sleeping. peacful.

The only long shot is that people will :usesearch:

Thanks ash for posting that info. I went to her site guestbook and begged her to expand on and release a version of that tune. :wub:

I have been trying to identify the acoustic guitar tune which plays in a commercial very similar to the geico ad in question, in fact so similar that I thought the two commercials were part of a series.

The commercial was released perhaps a month or so before the Geico ad, and like the geico ad it has something to do with a family riding in a car, and has a very spare acousitic guitar tune playing behind it ( a minor-ish tune in 3/4 time). Anyone know the ad I'm talking about, and if so, who is that playing? Thanks.

I checked the other Geico posts, but this one is not mentioned. It's just a lovely, quiet instrumental piece. I must know what it is!

The commercial in question has a very mellow guitar rythm and not much else.

Back