Gatorade G2

bananamein

Reaction score
The commercial I saw was cut off and all I remember was a man (only his bottom half was shown) walking in the middle of a dark street and then wooden floorboards started forming a pathway underneath him. The song that was playing sounded like it was by an indie band. Before the song could get to any lyrics, it was cut off. Any clue?

If it helps, I heard it during a commercial break on ABC sometime during 8 - 8:30 EST

it's for gatorade g2 -- a basketball court is being built as the person walks. i don't know what the song is but this might help you in your search.

Thanks ericalina! Your clue helped a lot in the search. I found it in Yahoo Answers and the commercial with floorboards forming features a song called "Can I Kick It" by Lou Reed and A Tribe Called Quest.

And just in case, the song in the other gatorade g2 commercial with grass forming over the cobblestones is "Sparks" by The Who.

awesome! glad i could help! "Can I Kick It?" is actually sampled from "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield. That might be where you heard the song, too :)

Originally posted by bananamein+Dec 24 2007, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bananamein @ Dec 24 2007, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [snip]the commercial with floorboards forming features a song called "Can I Kick It" by Lou Reed and A Tribe Called Quest[snip] [/b]

Get it at Amazon.

<!--QuoteBegin-bananamein
@Dec 24 2007, 08:06 AM
[snip]the other gatorade g2 commercial with grass forming over the cobblestones is "Sparks" by The Who[/quote]

Get it at Amazon.

;)

oh duh, i am confusing it with something else. obvs. it is not "for what it's worth," it's "wild side" by lou reed. i will stop talking now!!!

It seems as if this has been answered, but when I first saw the commercial and heard the song, I thought of Wild Side by Marky Mark and the Funkybunch.

there's this ad that i've HEARD several times, but i'm in another room or not lookin at the TV so i dont know the ad. BUT, i DID see the ad once, (and to my luck i didnt have my contacts in) so i didnt get a good look. the company logo at the end of the commercial looks like a red dot with E2 (?) written in it. i'm not so sure what it said in the dot but it was two letters or numbers.

the background sounded kinda chinese-ish or maybe indian (?). there arent any lyrics n i doubt the song was by a chinese or indian artist, but thats just what the background sounded like. (sorry if i offend anyone).

any clues?
i'll take anything: a link to the ad, what company this may be, the artist, the song.

thanx in advance. :D

yeah it is.
thanks!

but for some reason i heard that the song was by Bob Dylan.
idk, whatever.

thanks though!

The song is a Walk on the Wild Side, by Lou Reed. That is the original, so you can know where it all began

Hi, yes the Gatorade g2 commereial, do you know the song and the band?
Thanksfor you help.
Kim

When something is RED it means it's a WEBLINK and you should CLICK IT and it will take you to a webpage...in this case the answer to your question. <_< ;)

Dwayne Wade is walking down the street and in case people are wondering ... The old school beat is from 'Bonita Applebum' by A Tribe Called Quest.

Back