Gameboy Advance SP

Hi Jason,

While you have a great question, we generally do not have the details regarding the music that is used in our commercials. We do, however, appreciate your interest and curiosity.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

Oh well...

I guess we'll have to try something else. :(

This sounds familiar to me but I can't place it. Sounds like 80s or 90s britpop with a high-pitched male vocal. I'm working on it...

Glad to see other people are looking for it! Good taste you guys ;) I hope we can figure out who is it by.. I'd likely buy the cd! Any word back from Nintendo?

Is any one else really just liking the gameboy advance commercials in general? Great music, and cool looking, much better then the blasted talking big red peace of gum, ugh I hate that.

Try The Sleepy Jackson - Good Dancers

edit: After listening to the commercial again, it sounds like the intro to the commercial song is possibly another song mixed in before this one.

edit 2: Aha! It's a remix of the aforementioned song. The Sleepy Jackson - Good Dancers (Gerling Remix)

edit 3: My conversation is finished.

That's it...you're AWESOME!!! Thanks for your help. Thanks to you too Michelle and everyone else who let this one drive them crazy. I'm sure we'll be doing this again later. I never seem to try and find easy songs. Thanks again.

Nice find GreekTiger!!

The "Good Dancers - Gerling Remix" (as heard in the ad) can be found on Ministry of Sound's album "Chillout Sessions: Summer Collection 2004." The original version of "Good Dancers" can be found on The Sleepy Jackson's album "Lovers." (You can listen to an audio sample of that version here, track 1.)

What is the song on the Gameboy Advance commercial when the old for NES games are being played?

It's possible it was already mentioned here and I missed it, but does anybody know the name of the song in the background of the new commercial for Gameboy advance's game Donkey Kong (the one with Mario in it as well as Donkey Kong). The song is very techno like the others, but it has female vocals, and all I can make out is '... on the train.'

In response to Arkinia... its a track by Goldfrapp.. on her new album Black Cherry

either "train" or "strict machine" .. they sound similar.. i forget which one is which off hand.

Nathan

I've seen this golf commercial serveral times and have realized their is actually 2 versions. I know that it matters not to the music people out there, but in one he uses the term Hacker, and in the other the word Hacker is missing and he uses the word Links later in the commercial. I'm not sure why they made 2 versions of a commercial that are so so similar, but they're the ones who have majored in psychology so we'll buy their product. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. If anyone else has seen the difference lemme know so I know I'm not hearing/seeing things.

I haven't checked out the Good Dancers (Gerling Remix) song yet but I assume its the song I'm looking for

In the other commercial that involves the flashback to the 80's -
the song is by Yaz and can be found on the album "Upstairs at Eric's"

The Game boy advanced song is Train by Goldfrapp. Hopet his helps you all. I too was looking high and low and its the song. Now i can sleep at night. Great tune.

All of the GameBoy ads have been identified, earlier in this thread or in other threads. You can even read about all of them here, on the Weblog.

PLEASE help me out! im kind of new here I LOVE the song in the game boy advance commercial some of the lyrics go .."dont know what to dooo..." sounds like gwen stefani! thank u!

the song in the commercial isn't "Train" by Goldfrapp, it's "Strict Machine"

Ok, I used search and I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Yes, I may be an idiot, but I've been searching for nearly half an hour on here and still haven't found it.

The Game Boy davance commerical (not the golf ad one) with the guy standing there with all the old nintendo game graphics swirling around him.

And the song in the background is NOT Situation by Yaz unless you all have found some different version from my lp and cd. It has a female singing voice saying something like "I don't know what to do..."

Yes, Goldfrapp. It's a good album but like all but three of the songs sound the same.
Even though I have the album I thought it was a different track.

is it the commercial where the boy with dark hair is playing gameboy and then he is under cartoon water and its like in Super Mario? (do you know of that one?)

Back