Freecreditreport.com Pirates

kattart

Reaction score
I'm weirdly amused by the poppy little song in the Freecreditreport.com commercial about a gentleman who has to take a job as a singing pirate in a seafood restaurant since someone fouled up his credit. Any notions of who the band in the ad might be?

Hmmmm. I'm thinking that he might be the guy in the original bunch of commercials ("I'm theeeenking of a number..."), but not in the one I'm thinking of.

Ah - here's a link:

Catchy, no?

Sorry - had missed your post by a sec. Yes - the commercial you linked.

Thank ya!

Originally posted by kattart@Nov 24 2007, 12:43 AM
Hmmmm. I'm thinking that he might be the guy in the original bunch of commercials ("I'm theeeenking of a number..."), but not in the one I'm thinking of.
[snip]
That was Mark Swenson

???

:ph34r:

Yup - that guy was. I'm just wondering who the pirate singers are. I seem to remember a combo very like them (if not actually them) also singing a little Applebee's ditty about shrimp a while back as well.

Originally posted by doctormemory+Nov 24 2007, 01:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doctormemory @ Nov 24 2007, 01:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kattart@Nov 24 2007, 12:43 AM
[snip]
That was Mark Swenson

???

:ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Okay. Update. The guy in this commercial

appears to be Eric Violette:

http://www.ericviolette.com/videos.htm
Publicités: Free credit report, réal, Danny Leiner:

The song was written by this guy's uncle:

Futurepilot4God (1 month ago)
I love these commercials. They crack me up. And I just learned that my uncle wrote the song. That about killed me.

Sent: January 16, 2008
Subject: Re: Pirate song for freecreditreport.
He writes commercials for a living. I think he even helped produce it.

:unsure:

Originally posted by ImtryingtoSleep@Jan 18 2008, 04:42 PM
Free Credit Report Dot Com Baby!

What is the band!!?!?
Written just for the commercial. Performed by Eric Violette.

<_<

the guy sounds like weird Al singing. it really sounds like him when his voice gets really low. even in the new commercial about the " Sub Compact car" definitely sounds like Weird AL. Little jingles was what he was best at.........

does anyone know the name of the other guy in the commercial? In the pirate ad, he is sitting at the table, wearing an eye patch and has a beard, and is playing the utensils.

also, he is the same guy sitting in the passengers seat playing the keyboard in the car commercial. Someone's gotta know his name.
thanks

These answers were found on Yahoo Answers:

He is a French-Canadian comedian named Eric Violette. The other two guys in the band are just actors. You can go to Youtube and type his name, but I warn you, some of it is in French.

Eric Violette is a French-Canadian actor who does the lead vocals for those spots. He actually is not in a band and the other actors are staged musicians.

He has a web site but it's in French.
www.ericviolette.com

Back