for the music savvy!

dj, nope...

thanks for everyone helping out. :) finding the song is not a big deal... it's just bugging me, but i can move on. :lol: ;)

Originally posted by michelle@Jul 8 2004, 02:45 AM
finding the song is not a big deal... it's just bugging me, but i can move on. :lol: ;)
are you sure? that's not what we heard.... :p last time a song bugged you, you created a website! did you forget? it's called adtunes.com :lol: :lol: :lol:
kidding...
well it's starting to bug ME now! :blink: i think i have heard it too. let me poke around a bit!

You know, I've heard of that site. I guess it's full of loonatics who go on and on about nothin in the "General Discussion" forum.
:lol:

Hey, funny story - I never fell asleep! I'm sitting hear, living on Iced Tea, thus not falling asleep.

yep that's the site. i hear some of the looooonatics are just 15 years old! :lol:

hey mram. i've been up all night too!

and michelle is it "Camel Walk" by Southern Culture On The Skids . amazon has clip.
(album Dirt Track Date )

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jul 8 2004, 07:14 AM
yep that's the site. i hear some of the looooonatics are just 15 years old! :lol:

hey mram. i've been up all night too!
:lol: :lol:

Oh, we're all loony

hey melissa...did you ever find that other song?? with the guy talking about dance moves?? i asked a bunch of people...they still didn't know. my sister CLAIMS she heard it on the radio like, 2 months ago, and that it had a sample from that old disco song (i think) "dance...dance dance DANCE"...i think...by chic?? and i was totally harping on my friend for that old mix tape, but no go yet...STILL :(

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jul 8 2004, 04:14 AM
and michelle is it "Camel Walk" by Southern Culture On The Skids . amazon has clip.
Cult, You genious! :)

That is it!! How did you find it?

Yeah! You rock. So, since you've calmed my curiosity -- I got a Gmail if you want it.

:D :D :D :D

And, in my best Chandler impression: Could I be any more mixed up in my memory?

Rabbit, planet... They sound like "camel," :lol: Right? :unsure:

:lol: thanks.. so that was the song!
it was michelle's clip which reminded me! usually when people say one song is similar to another, i do this -> :rolleyes: because they never sound the same to me. but michelle's clip was spot on! i knew i had heard the song. i remembered the riff, but didn't know any of the lyrics. so then in my sleep-deprived state, i had "what alcoholics refer to as a brief moment of clarity"; :D i googled with "walk like" and various "oww"s. the one with four w's worked!
the lyrics are so hard to make out. i still think they're saying "horny boots" :lol:

That's so funny about your lyric search... I typed in the howling part too, but obviously misspelled it! :lol:

:) I'm glad the clip helped -- that's what started the whole thing anyway. I heard that song the clip came from and I knew I had heard a similiar guitar part somewhere else before... So, for a couple days I was going around making guitar noises followed by "I wanna walk... Like a rabbit." B)

I even sang my version to JCA and he just laughed at me... No clue. Then I played him the correct "Camel Walk" version and he was like "Oh yeah, I know that song." :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone, esp. Cult! :) Insomnia rules. ;)

and michelle, appreciate the g-mail offer. :) i already have two :rolleyes: and you don't have to do that. i enjoy this forum so much, it is my primary source of finding new music, that i some times feel guilty! :D glad to help you for once!

well, i figured i'd offer. :)

i owe ya (something), anyway. :) what kind of music do you like?

Back