Dodge Avenger & Caliber

neo979

All-Star Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a song from a new Dodge Caliber commercial (clip uploaded here).

The lyrics heard in the commercial are:

I'm getting outta here
Let me make this very clear
I never wanna see you again

I'm not tied to your string
I don't see a wedding ring
I never wanna see you again

I have Googled these lyrics extensively, including several variations on the spellings, and I haven't found anything (except for other people looking for the same thing here, here, and here).

It is certainly not "Smoke on the Water," which has for some reason been suggested on some of the other sites.

It is also NOT the same as this question (although that one remains unsolved too).

Please help! Thanks!!

One person responded saying the band was "Quasi" and the song was "Never want to see you again." That is not it. The singer's voice reminds me of the lead singer of the Smithereens - early 90"s group. So does the tune itself. If someone figures this out, please let me know.

Thanks!

FWIW, this agency composed the music for the earlier question (the "Road Trip" Caliber commercial). Apparently, there isn't a longer version available.

Unfortunately, I still have no info about who did the song discussed in this thread. It could be the same agency - or pretty much anyone else.

It seems to me that the people who make these commercials must certainly realize that some of this original music is really catchy. Do they seriously think it will increase the popularity of their brands if they refuse to let people know the identity of the songs or get a completed version?

Back