Crossing Jordan

dely

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with 2 questions from the Crossing Jordan plane crash show.

1st, what was the song that Jordan was listening to in her earbuds at the beginning of the show?

2nd, does anyone know anything about the poem that Macy read at the end?

Thanks

According to this site, the song was "After the Gold Rush" by k. d. lang. You can hear an audio sample here

Not sure about the poem, loved it tho

Thank you leone, but the site you refer to lists "After the Gold Rush" for an episode called "Justice Delayed", which aired 10/24/04. The ep I'm asking about was just this past Sunday and is called "Fire From the Sky (aka Red Cross)".

I'd already found my way to the site you quote, and found that the 11/14/04 ep wasn't listed there yet.

Actually, I've answered my first question myself by googling the lyrics, which I should have done in the 1st place!! The song is "Almost Blue" by Diana Krall from her CD "The Girl in the Other Room" ... which I own!

I still can't track the poem down anywhere though. Googled several different lines from it and nothing came up.

Anyone??

Originally posted by dely@Nov 16 2004, 06:23 PM
Thank you leone, but the site you refer to lists "After the Gold Rush" for an episode called "Justice Delayed", which aired 10/24/04. The ep I'm asking about was just this past Sunday and is called "Fire From the Sky (aka Red Cross)".
Oops I'm sorry I thought that "Justice Delayed" was the name of that episode. :(

I found this info about the poem:

There is a piece called "A Parable of Immortality" that was written by Rev. Henry (Jackson) Van Dyke. The visuals are different - he wrote about a ship instead of a "great bird" - but it's basically the same as the piece read on "Crossing Jordan". I suspect the writers on the show rewrote Reverend Van Dyke's piece to fit the circumstances on the show.

And, then the poem (from same source):

A Parable of Immortality, by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "There she goes!"

Gone where? Gone from my sight ... that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There she goes! there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

Originally posted by dely@Nov 16 2004, 03:23 PM
Actually, I've answered my first question myself by googling the lyrics, which I should have done in the 1st place!! The song is "Almost Blue" by Diana Krall from her CD "The Girl in the Other Room" ... which I own!
Are you talking about the song at the end of the episode? Wasn't that "Not Alone" by Patty Griffin?

Originally posted by LittleMissIndecisive@Nov 20 2004, 04:40 AM
Are you talking about the song at the end of the episode? Wasn't that "Not Alone" by Patty Griffin?
I believe Dely was talking about the song at the beginning.

At the end of Crossing Jordan (Believe it was "He said, She Said") a song played that was very Enya like.............. 'corse I didn't catch ANY of the words and the TV website was no help.. Bah!.. :what: :confused:

In this same episode He said, She said., there is some very catchy intro & transition music, as the boss is leaving, and as the blonde character leaves Jordan in her new status as boss. All searches I've tried have left me mystified. The track has a slight techno-rock-mellow kinda feel, hard to classify. If you can help with this, I'd be very much in your debt... (If only metaphorically.)

Bah. I feel stupid now. Same track, the just repeated the intro over & over for the earlier sections of the show. Sorry for throwin' this one back into the limelight, people.

Just heard a few seconds of a song at the end of tonight's "Crossing Jordan" that I also heard one day on VH1 ... and foolishly didn't write down the info that time. It's a mid-tempo piano dominated tune. As I recall, the B&W video had the musician -- solo male, African-American -- sitting at the piano playing. I did not see a listing in the credits, but they're hard to read when your local station obliterates them to push the crappy local news.

So anyway, does anyone know this song?

Can anybody help me? I am trying to find out was song was palying during Dr. Macy's departure from the morgue. I checked the web site where they list songs from the show, but it's not on there. please help, I'm going crazy

Does anyone know the name of the song played when Jordan and the boys were rescued?
Thanks.
I wish Tv shows would show the credits.. *sigh*

:unsure: sorry ...

"Rain Fall Down" by the Rolling Stones is played in the opening sequence of the episode
"Hold On" by Sarah Mclachlan is played at the end of the episode

:)

Hi,

My g/f really likes the song at the end of crossing Jordan ep. Judgement Day. I can't make out any of the words and I don't know who it is. Kind of reminds me of some Cake song but I don't think it is. Any help?

Pete

Ok, I know this song, but Im drawing a blank and I tried to google it. It goes like "when I was dead.... I was scared..... God's coming...."

You guys are going to hate me for this one... Tonight on crossing jordan at the opening of the show she is listening to her Ipod, and there is a catchy breaky electronic little number. as it is electronic, its hard to explain, so i guess if anyone saw it and knows what it is, ild love to know.
tia
gabby

Back