Cold Case Season 2

The song missing from my original list was "Still Loving You" performed by The Scorpions.

~Gretchen

The missing song from this episode was by Erik Broms, entitled "Don't Leave the Girl".

~Gretchen

Good morning!

I am wondering if anyone caught the episode of Cold case last night. The end there was a song played by Phil Collins, but I can't think or figure out which one it is. Any ideas?

DJ

it's indeed phil collins and is entitled "long, long way to go".

the rest of the cold case list will be forthcoming. :)

~Gretchen

Here's the list in order:
journey - only the young
katrina & the waves - walking on sunshine
unknown song, played during bar scene
marilyn manson - the dope show
dream academy - life in a northern town
one minute silence - a song about
phil collins - long, long way to go

Hope this helps someone. :) And, if you caught the song from the bar, let me know. It was a female artist, sounded like pop rock to me... but lyrics were background and unintelligble to me.
~Gretchen

Here's the song list for tonight's episode... I'm missing one song from the middle of the show. If anyone caught it, please let me know.

Cheap Trick - Surrender
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Unknown rock song - male singer, I missed most of the lyrics but will keep looking
Elvis Costello - Accidents Will Happen
Nick Lowe - Cruel to Be Kind
Buzzcocks - Why Can't I Touch It?
Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding

This song was played at the very end of Cold Case tonight. It's an interesting version of "Over The Rainbow." I did a little searching and found it after only a few minutes. So, in case anybody else was wondering, I thought I'd post my findings. The version used is by Israel (Iz) Kamakawiwo'ole and is available on his album Facing Future.

Edit:
Looks like it's been asked about before here on Adtunes as well, and has been used in various commercials, TV shows, and movies. ;)

I heard this song, or at least the beginning of it, before in a commercial about a year or two ago but the music never got to the lyrics, 'Over The Rainbow'. Without the lyrics to 'google' on, I couldn't find out who was singing it or even if it was a commercially available song. As soon as I heard it tonight, I had to find out so I sampled the songs at iTunes. Was able to track in down that way and downloaded it. Also, took time to learn a little about the artist, Israel (Iz) Kamakawiwo'ole.

Thanks for the info just the same. Had I not been able to track it down, I was certain that someone would have answered it in this forum.

Richard M.

Thanks ad-rock - ahhh technology and the evolution of the internet, I knew someone would take the time to find this artist. The song is haunting I hope the rest of the album is as unusual because I think I might buy the CD.

:D

FYI: I just saw a brand new commercial tonight where this song is used again! This time it's an ad for Hallmark's "Easter Bunny Basket."

Missed one song, female artist, lyrics something about "I know this is hurting". If anyone caught it let me know.

Mighty Mighty Bosstones "The Impression That I Get"
The Wallflowers "Sixth Avenue Heartache"
Elliot Smith "The Waltz No. 2 (XO)"
The Flys "I Got You Where I Want You"
Counting Crows "A Long December"
Oasis "Don't Go Away"

~Gretchen

Do you remember where in the show it was? I think I recognized all the songs from the show tonight, but I'm not positive.

Somewhere in the middle... I think it was before the Flys song, but I can't be sure.

Ohiomedgirl, I hadn't seen one of these from you in awhile. I always appreciate you posting this info though, so I wanted to give you props. If you were planning to post for tonight...I apologize for stealing your thunder. Some of these are more obscure songs, so I wanted to make sure they got down for this week in case anybody was wondering ;)

Here were the songs used (in order):
"One Fine Day" by The Chiffons
"Walk Like A Man" by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
"Heat Wave" by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
"Just One Look" by Doris Troy
"What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted" by Jimmy Ruffin
"They Really Don't Know You" by Joni James
"Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday

:) I'm glad someone else likes this show as much as I do (I wish they'd put it out on DVD!!). Anyway, I actually missed the episode. Going to try to watch it this week sometime. Surgery is killing my free time.

I actually watched this show for the first time this week -- I really liked it. Will have to check it out more often. ;)

It is pretty good, I switched to watching that instead of The Simpsons! I used to be a huge Simpson's fan (I own Season's 3-5 thus far), but the crap they put out now just isn't funny. IMO, the best Simpson's seasons ended in Spring 1999! Anyway, I agree with you both that Cold Case is a good show. As far as cop shows go, I rank it up there along CSI. Glad this has been able to generate some discussion :)

Back