Clorox Disinfectant Wipes

I just thought people would find this interesting, but I was watching the commercial and wanted to check and see if I could find an mp3 version of it and I did! If you go to:

http://www.functionbad.com/robcrow/sounds.php

You can right-click on the first link and save it to your computer! Also you can let it load on another web page and listen to it!

Enjoy,

Amy

P.S. - I highly doubt Rob will be able to release the song for commercial use but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

ok the correct answer to your question is rich wiley sings that song and it is called smile. it is also the same song in the commercial where the daughter is dancing on her fathers feet. go look at the clorox website yourself they have a media section where you can watch the commercials and listen to the music. look in the botom right corner there is a pic of head phones and it says featured music everyone go see for your self it is not rob crow like everyone has been saying here is the link

http://www.clorox.com/our_story/media_center/

the clorox commercial with the girl dancing on her dad's feet and the one with the baby in her highchair and the mother is playing with her feet is not rob crow i looked forever for this song and i keep hearing everyone saying it is a guy named rob crow well it is not. i went to the clorox website and they have a media section where you can watch all the commercials and listen to the music and that song is by a man named rich wiley and the song is titled smile. here is the link and anyone wanting the song with the mermaid and the pirate it has it but not who composed it just the song with words.

http://www.clorox.com/our_story/media_center/

Hey all

Again, I'm a little late on this posting, but thought I should add something, since I work for the music house who created this piece of music. We are Singing Serpent.

Actually more than one person was right. Rob Crow IS the singer on this track. He is also the lead singer/songwriter for the band Pinback. Rich Wiley wrote and performed the track. He's one of my staff composers in San Diego.

He's also responsible for the now infamous John Daly southern rock track spot that was banned for a short time from ABC network.

Feel free to check out our website. Keep enjoying the tunes!!!!

http://www.singingserpent.com

Jack

Hey everyone Im new to this-- Since you're all on the topic about the Clorox commercials, Im looking for the title of a song for CLorox that has no lyrics. It has a boy in it who is looking at airships in the sky and looking through a spyglass thing. It sounds like a concert piece. I doubt if anyone will know this, but I love the song playing

Thanks

Originally posted by karenrants@Feb 3 2007, 02:24 PM
Hate to break it to you guys, but the likelihood that this song will ever be "released" is pretty much nil.

The spot is a year old and if the DDB and Clorox didn't see fit to pay for internet usage on the music, my guess is (and this guess is *very* educated since I have made about 200 ads for blue-chip clients) that they won't do it now.

Additionally, the probability is that, since it appears Rob Crow was hired as a session singer, Clorox actually owns the composition of the track -- not Rob. If Rob were to attempt to re-record it, he would be up for a lawsuit because Clorox most likely owns the copyright.

In any case, Clorox would have to pay extra to put the track on the internet. Even though they own the track, they have to pay for the exhibitions of the performances (per SAG's commercials contract to which DDB is signatory). They can't just "put it up" without a whole lot of paperwork and money.

My advice -- get a copy of the spot and listen to it over and over. Or better, invest in Mr. Crow's catalog so that, at least, he gets some financial benefit (other than his residuals) and "word of mouth" publicity for this performance.

He's in an indie band, so no matter how much you like the track, he's still going to catch a little hassle from his peers for selling out.

Actually, most of the songs discussed here are now out on a charity album we just released. It's called THE BLUE SKY PROJECT, and is available on itunes, cdbaby and other online music sites. Most of the songs are full or extended versions of the tracks in the commercials.

Sales from the album benefit the charity MUSIC IN SCHOOLS TODAY, which supports music programs in public schools.

Thanks for all your support. It's because of comments here and on sites like youtube that we wanted to do this--to try to turn that interest into something for a good cause and keep the love of music alive with the youth.

Thanks again, and we hope you like the tunes. I'll post links separately.

Originally posted by ironxwine@Mar 11 2006, 03:06 PM
about the m&ms commercial- it's iron&wine singing "such great heights" (who the postal service re-did). but i love this song on the clorox commercial- sounds similar to iron and wine but i don't think it is.
It's important to know that iron and wine covered the postal service, in every instance. not the other way around. people are easily confused by that, and honestly it bugs the hell out of me.

It's extremely catchy, slowish/acoustic, folky sounding. If you heard it, you'd be whistling. all I can get out of it is "dreaming". after my sudden interest, it'll never replay so I can make out some lines and help myself along. thanks more than ever, if you know it..either way, thanks!

It's Birthday Girl by Andrew Rodriguez. I had to search high and low for it.

Actually, most of the songs discussed here are now out on a charity album we just released. It's called THE BLUE SKY PROJECT, and is available on itunes, cdbaby and other online music sites. Most of the songs are full or extended versions of the tracks in the commercials.

Sales from the album benefit the charity MUSIC IN SCHOOLS TODAY, which supports music programs in public schools.

Thanks for all your support. It's because of comments here and on sites like youtube that we wanted to do this--to try to turn that interest into something for a good cause and keep the love of music alive with the youth.

Thanks again, and we hope you like the tunes. I'll post links separately.

Well, it did take over a year for that to come out (therefore my initial expectation that it wouldn't be released was pretty valid), I'm not completely shocked it did. Whoever the music producer (agency, music vendor, or maybe copywriter and/or art director, or maybe, just maybe the client?!) is was doing their job in terms of style so the Clorox catalog is in good enough shape to warrant the release.

The music houses probably made a few more bucks this way and a bit of money is going toward charity, and a bunch of consumers are happy, so all is good.

Plus, interesting, creative approaches overall (music style/tone, release).

Back