Citi asian man with scissors

topics merged.

too bad this seems to be composed just for the ad. it's a nice song. :(

SOLVED: I am convinced the melody in the Citi Commercial "Live Richly" featuring the Asian man with the paper cutout is [Erik Satie - Night Air]. Special thanks goes out to "fla". :D

No, not solved. That's not the song - I'm 100% positive. In fact, it doesn't even sound like the song in the commercial.

Originally posted by lori@Jan 23 2004, 10:13 AM
After 3 days, someone from Citibank customer service actually CALLED ME BACK! Yes, i know...amazing. She said that she had researched it, and the song from the "Scissors" commercial was created specifically for that TV spot, so unfortunately there is not a recording of it available. She could not even tell me the composer's name. She could have been wrong though, so maybe I will check out that Satie piece anyway!
Actually, this one was answered awhile back. ^

Originally posted by Budley@Jan 10 2006, 02:57 PM
"Gymnopedie #1" - Erik Satie
Nope, I was way off. Finally saw the commercial again. It's not in any of my Satie collection, so I have no idea where it came from.

There has got to be some way I can obtain this song... grr... this is frustrating.

If someone can find the commercial online and get however long the length of the song in the commercial is and loop it using a mix program that would be great. I dont think yall r going to find it any other way if it was made just for the commercial.

The commercial is an asian man folding a piece of paper into a snowflake, and it's playing awesome music throughout, I tried to e-mail them but they just said to contact their advertising agency or some shit.. Can anyone please help?

Does anyone know? I've looked EVERYWHERE and nothing

Has anyone found the name of this song yet? a youtube commercial of it? anything? The man in the song is Master Hou-Tien Cheng but I know it isn't Eric Satie playing - any ideas>

Thanks Anthony, I just called Citibank and asked the representative if she should recall or get information on the 2003 Citi "Live Richly" TV Campaign featuring Master Hou-Tien Cheng and his chinese papercut out but she said this information isn't available.

sad.. sad.. anyway - everyone have a happy thanksgiving!

I'll try to help you out here a little bit ...

If it's the same ad I'm thinking of, it was actually an ad for Citi Bank ...
a 2003 ad called "Paper Cut" ...
featuring the awesome skills of Master Cutter Hon-Tien Cheng ...

If this is the ad you're thinking of ...
Unfortunately, it looks as though the music was made just for the ad and is NOT commercially available ...

Here's a thread here that discusses it ... clickee!

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Can someone please tell me what the name of this beautiful song in this commercial is?

Thank You!

I know about this thread..did anyone actually find the name of the song/composer?

Thanks

Merged.

Originally posted by dandg7@Feb 1 2007, 09:05 AM
I know about this thread..did anyone actually find the name of the song/composer?
There doesn't seem to be any information beyond that it was composed specifically for the ad.

Back