Cinemax November

Jyoshen

Reaction score
Hey kids, first post here. Asking:
On Cinemax, a commercial has been running showing clips of the movies Cinemax is showing in the fall. It has such films as Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, The Ring, etc....a song is playing in the background with a heavy repetitive guitar riff...lyrics are sung later in the commercial but I can't distinguish anything that can point me towards a possible song title...i don't recognize the artist either. If you guys could help with this it would be great...thanks!

Do you remember any of the lyrics? If you can, one thing I've found to be helpful is to do a lyrics search in google.

type the next line exactly into google's search substituting only "the lyrics you heard" with the actual lyrics you remember hearing, but keep them inside quotation marks:

+lyrics "the lyrics you heard"

for instance, typing '+lyrics "every time i see you falling"' would return several sites listing the lyrics from New Order's song "Bizarre Love Triangle" and you'd know that what you heard was most likely that song or at least a version of that song. It's a start.

If you find out what song it is, please let me know, as my friend has been looking for a song from a cinemax commercial as well. Thanks.

Can you describe the music a little more? Were the lyrics being sung by a man or woman? Type/Genre of music? Etc... ?

Oh yessssssssssssssssss I am DYING to know what this song is, too....I saw it on a combined HBO/Cinemax ad for movies....featured attractions included "Analyze This" and "Harry Potter"....a very distinctive beat, very raw vocals, reminiscent of Paul Westerberg of the Replacements...no IDEA what the lyrics are! I'm going to monitor this site daily until someone (or I) finds out who this band/song is!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

see if you can find the commercial online.

Originally posted by SarahZenLove@Nov 27 2003, 07:01 PM
I'm going to monitor this site daily until someone (or I) finds out who this band/song is!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I don't want you visiting the site often, but just FYI -- You can track topics and have emails sent to you when someone posts a reply! It's easy, just look for the red "Track this Topic" link above and to the right side of the very first post in a topic (it's in the Grey box). Makes tracking a topic you're interested in a whole lot easier!

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to show off a feature. :)

TY for the info, Michelle...not a BBS person here, but I'm learning.

Kahu....I did try to find the ad online...no go. HBO's site unhelpful. I can only remember/describe the BEAT of the song, which I did to my 19 year old daughter earlier in the week...she had a revelation that it MIGHT be something by a band called "And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead"....LOL...so that's worth investigating. She recognized the very distinctive beat of this song....

AND

I remembered the word "always" as being prominently featured in the chorus.

Without seeing the ad again, I probably won't come up with any new revelations.
But I'm still playing it in my head.

Victory!

Hope this is ALSO "November Cinemax" ad music described in the original post....

"Relative Ways" by "And You Shall Know Us By The Trail Of Dead"
....yep.

Great song, good band, strange and disturbing name. LOL. Thank heavens for my daughter.

Check it out by listening to a little clip at amazon.com or cdnow.com, or shoot, go for broke and buy it for 99cents from buymusic.com.

:p

Peace, Zen and Happy Hunting!

Originally posted by SarahZenLove@Nov 28 2003, 08:38 PM
Victory!

Hope this is ALSO "November Cinemax" ad music described in the original post....

"Relative Ways" by "And You Shall Know Us By The Trail Of Dead"
....yep.

Great song, good band, strange and disturbing name. LOL. Thank heavens for my daughter.

Check it out by listening to a little clip at amazon.com or cdnow.com, or shoot, go for broke and buy it for 99cents from buymusic.com.

:p

Peace, Zen and Happy Hunting!
WOW

thank you sooo much ive been searching for this all night...

funny the song sounded familiar but i wasnt sure, ive seen that band play here in baton rouge, la several times...

cheers!!

At long last, after nearly a year of searching, wondering, hunting and having that damned song stuck in my head, success. Thank you ad infinitum. I knew there were other people out there who were as tortured by the inability to locate that song as I was. And you're right that HBO is no help at all. So I'm glad you were!

Back