Chevy Trailblazer Powerpuff Girls

Twix

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Well I just saw a new commercial for Chevy Trailblazer with a great song -- a female voice singing kind of fast like -- ala - Veruca Salt's "Volcano Girls" or Republica's "Ready to Go"

Anybody seen the commercial or have an idea about the song?

http://www.chevrolet.com/trailblazer/
I checked the website and the comercial is not posted.
Why don't these companies post their commercials?

Is this the same one I'm looking for? The little girls are watching a powerpuff girls-esque dvd and a woman says she'll call from the car. The mom takes the dvd out of the TV and the little girls watch it in the Trailblazer? I was wondering about this song, too. Sounds a bit like Mary Prankster, but I can't tell by the tiny bit of lyrics.

Hi, I know the song in the PowerPuff Girls Chevy Trailblazer Ad. It's "Bad Word For A Good Thing" by the Friggs. I am a former member of the group, and just about fell out of my chair when the ad came on. If anyone gets a copy, I would love to have one. The band has been kaput since December 2000, but some of the other members, the main songwriter and guitarist Palmyra Delran and bassist and songwriter Mitzi Dodge, are in a group called The Booty Olympics.

Originally posted by LaLaLexy@Nov 11 2004, 09:15 PM
Hi, I know the song in the PowerPuff Girls Chevy Trailblazer Ad. It's "Bad Word For A Good Thing" by the Friggs. I am a former member of the group, and just about fell out of my chair when the ad came on. If anyone gets a copy, I would love to have one. The band has been kaput since December 2000, but some of the other members, the main songwriter and guitarist Palmyra Delran and bassist and songwriter Mitzi Dodge, are in a group called The Booty Olympics.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. That's the song. Just brilliant.

the attitude of the song reminds me of Republica's "Ready to Go" -- which on a side note -- a friend of mine hosts my web site -- well his roommate (for a while) was the guitar player on that Republica song (which I always loved). Anyway he was paid to go into the studio and play the guitar for that recording session, but receives no royalties for the recording (which is too bad, I think -- cause I know the song has been used in at least one national commercial, for a car I think) and I think the guitar part makes the record -- as well as the keyboard part and the vocals.

Does anyone know the name to that song in the Chevy TrailBlazer commercial with the two little girls and their mothers. The girls are watching some powerpuff like cartoon then this female starts singing as they head for the car.

It's the ad with the children watching "Powerpuff Girls" or something similar indoors. Then, they take the movie outside and put it in an overhead DVD player in the Trailblazer. It sounds like Republica, but it may be another band. Any help would be appreciated.

okay ive seen this land rover commerical of two kids in the back watching a DVD and what not..anyways i searched the forums and the only commercial threads about it i found was some land rover commercial of a car going into two? not sure if this is the one but then i looked inside the thread and it has THE SONICS have love will travel which i downloaded and its ounds NOTHIN like the song in the commercial im talking about (the two kids).........does anyone know if theres a thread exisiting about this or have i skipped it? thanks!

Originally posted by LaLaLexy@Nov 11 2004, 08:15 PM
According to a comment at the Amazon site on this album, the song was belted out by Lexy Plumm... and I'm guessing that's you, based on your user name.

Found the CD on Amazon for $9. It was actually new and in the wrapper. Do a search for "The Friggs", and you can find it on amazon.com

Although most of it is average at best, the song from the Trailblazer commercial "Bad Word For A Good Thing" is really good. I always dig a semi-punk Chic band w/ a hint of grunge.
And, I would've never known about it, had it not been for the commercial.
Always cool to find obscure stuff that would otherwise be buried in someone's archives.

Back