Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

Hello!

John Boy! Richard Thomas does one. I can't remember the one.

Cookie

Originally posted by jamnjohnks@Jul 18 2006, 02:38 PM
Only because of the music in the spot, I discovered that Richard Thomas (John Boy Walton) is doing Mercedes Benze ads.
:rolleyes:

Mandy Patinkin is in the Crestor commercial, a cholestorol medicine. I only know him from Dead Like Me, but apparently he's on Criminal Minds and is best remembered for "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!"

Originally posted by KannD86@Aug 18 2006, 03:44 PM
Mandy Patinkin is in the Crestor commercial, a cholestorol medicine. I only know him from Dead Like Me, but apparently he's on Criminal Minds and is best remembered for "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!"
:sick: I hate drug commercials..but I know which one you're talking about. He's a paid endorser. :more sick:

I heard two last night. Kate Walsh (most recently Addison Shepard on Grey's Anatomy, before that Drew's girlfiend/wife on the Drew Carey Show) does the voiceover on then SlimFast hunger control shakes. It's the one with women dancing to the song Time is on Your Side, not sure who sings it. Also, I think that Michael Dorn (Worf on Star Trek: The Next Generation) does the anti drinking and driving commercial. This is the one with the guys driving around in cars or trucks filled with beer, martini, and red wine filling up the inside of the vehicles.

I am really enjoying this topic; this was a great idea. I'm not sure if this is the best topic or not, but I have a question about a character in a commercial. It is from one of those Cingular (I think) commercials where the voice cuts out and the person is complaining about dropped calls. This is the one with the chef who is trying to buy 20 pounds of seafood. He has an unusual accent that I can't place, and it is really bugging me. Does anyone know what kind of accent the chef has? Thanks.

Originally posted by arcadia_anywhere@Aug 25 2006, 02:50 PM
I am really enjoying this topic; this was a great idea. I'm not sure if this is the best topic or not, but I have a question about a character in a commercial. It is from one of those Cingular (I think) commercials where the voice cuts out and the person is complaining about dropped calls. This is the one with the chef who is trying to buy 20 pounds of seafood. He has an unusual accent that I can't place, and it is really bugging me. Does anyone know what kind of accent the chef has? Thanks.
I was thinking about that today when I saw it too!!! Maybe like it's Italian mixed with New York accent... :huh:

Harrison Ford -- Some Kohler Products and most Kohler Hospitality (resorts & golf courses) commercials

I read some of the celeb voive overs. And it was fun. But some are fishy, now how can we know if they're correct. Gene Hackman doing Lowe's? c'on...did it sound like him or you actually researched or Spacy for Cadillac. To make it more fun lets list a source or more detail on wich ad featured who..theres no question about Clooney for Bud or Norton for Miller..but the others leave alot of doubt. Stockward Channing for AIG..the one for MAN-U???

Gene Hackman for Lowe's and others....

Clooney... and Edward Norton can't be confirmed but I know it's true. I just do. :ph34r:

James Earl Jones I'm not even going to list them... :rolleyes:

Gary Sinise for Cadillac

James Spader for Acura

ANTONIO BANDERAS IS THE NASONEX BEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Dreyfuss for Honda and others

Dylan McDermott for Toyota Camry

Alec Baldwin for Subaru and others

Jeff Bridges for Duracell and Ameriquest

Randy Quaid for KFC but not for Capital One.... :unsure:

Julia Roberts for AOL

Jake Weber for SAAB USA

Kevin Spacey for Honda

Stockard Channing for AIG....

Kiefer Sutherland

Allison Janney for Kaiser Permanente

Matt Dillon for Pontiac

Will Arnett for lots of stuff

Susan Sarandon for Stouffer's and other things...

John Krasinski for Ask.com

Patrick Stewart for Mastercard and other things

Christian Slater for Panasonic

Martin Sheen for Toyota and others..

Kelsey Grammer for Disneyworld and MANY others

Charlie Murphy for Boost Mobile

John Goodman for LOTS OF STUFF....

Morgan Freeman for McDonald's and St. Jude's Hospital

Angie Harmon for Purina

Jason Alexander for KFC and others

Diedrich Bader for JCPenney and others

David Deluise

Rob Paulsen for Honda as Mr. Opportunity

David Duchovny

Zach Braff as the Cottonelle puppy

Christine Lahti for Oil of Olay and Delta Airlines

Regina King for Always

Billy Crudup for Mastercard

Nic Harcourt for Land Rover

Lili Taylor (from Six Feet Under) for Tylenol

Sam Elliott....

WINNER - Gilbert Gottfried as the AFLAC duck and others.... :D

Ed Harris for Toyota Camry and Mercury

Mario Cantone for Sunsilk

Some that I couldn't verify via imdb.com...Harrison Ford, Michael Dorn, Richard Thomas, Matthew Broderick, Jonathon Adams, Fred Stoller, David Hyde Pierce, Gene Wilder, Josh Duhamel, Courtney B. Vance, Kelly Ripa, Naomi Watts, Jodie Foster, Kathleen Turner, Patricia Clarkson, Billy Bob Thornton, Kathryn Erbe, Jeremy Sisto, John Cusack, Adam Arkin...that's it.
I'll keep adding as I find them. :)

WOW..i had no Idea... now i understand why commercial actors and voice over talent make such a big fuss when top celebs take away their gigs....

Vanessa Branch is the Orbit gum girl. "Dirty mouth?" She's a soap actress and plays Giselle in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Nick Bakay - Ziploc big bags? He does a lot of voicework, but it doesn't sound exactly like him so I could be wrong.

Originally posted by KannD86@Sep 22 2006, 07:52 AM
Nick Bakay - Ziploc big bags? He does a lot of voicework, but it doesn't sound exactly like him so I could be wrong.
it might be him :) i remember him as Salem on Sabrina the teenage witch

Back