Best commercial ad song?

What brought me here was the song from the new Adidas commerical with Gilbert Arenas...it's "Tourist" by Athlete....great song

Everyone has their own opinion that's for sure. Miles and Miles by Dee (Ford Edge)

That is for sure. Miles and Miles is badly produced, uses a really ancient and grating synth sound (the kind you would find in a kids keyboard at Walmart) and the vocalist sounds like he has been sitting on the toilet too long waiting for a result.
It is really a trite, brainless piece of music.

Sorry.

And before I get criticized for always being negative I offer one good song that fit with an ad.
Mistusbshi used T-Rex "20th Century Boy" a few years ago. It was well mixed and cut. And yes, it has been about that long since anything really got my attention as being notable.

Please, keep this post alive, & going! It is thee bestest around! Thank You Everyone! :blink:

Pink Moon by Nick Drake (VW) is one of the best fusion of TV commercials with a song. I remember when I first saw the commercial and completely moved by it. I think for those that remember seeing it for the first time will understand what I'm talking about.

The one with Supergrass's Alright in it, it was very fitting, though I forget the commercial. :p

That was the Orlando "de-aging parents" that had Supergrass--Alright.
And yes, that was enjoyable. :p

Originally posted by anberlinrawk@Apr 8 2007, 07:52 PM
The Geico Commercial with the Caveman in the Airport-Remind Me by Royskopp.
This song rulez! :rolleyes:

Teddybears have been showing up quite a bit in commercials - their whole album Soft Machine is excellent, but the Yours to Keep remix with Annie is just leagues ahead

Andy Williams - Music to watch the girls go by

Goldfrapp has a couple good ones

Royskopp - Remind me

That freakin Wal-Mart spring collection commercial - it's not the Buck Owens song that we think it is, either - can't find it anywhere, probably made just for the commercial.

There was a commercial for The Bay last christmas that had the side-scrolling through the different christmas scenes - that was custom too, which also sucks...

Originally posted by Dylan@Apr 13 2007, 09:13 PM
Teddybears have been showing up quite a bit in commercials - their whole album Soft Machine is excellent, but the Yours to Keep remix with Annie is just leagues ahead

Royskopp - Remind me

That freakin Wal-Mart spring collection commercial - it's not the Buck Owens song that we think it is, either - can't find it anywhere, probably made just for the commercial.

There was a commercial for The Bay last christmas that had the side-scrolling through the different christmas scenes - that was custom too, which also sucks...
Chalk up 2 more new ones! Cobrastyle by Teddybears and Music To Watch Girls By by Andy Williams. OH YEAH!

Mahna Mahna - DP Commercial
Remind Me - Geico Commercial
Kodo [Inside the Sun Mix] - Wii
The Child Inside - Sea World
Bonnie and Clyde - Parrot Bay

Originally posted by nitbob3+Apr 14 2007, 08:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nitbob3 @ Apr 14 2007, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dylan@Apr 13 2007, 09:13 PM

Royskopp - Remind me

Chalk up 2 more new ones! Cobrastyle by Teddybears and Music To Watch Girls By by Andy Williams. OH YEAH! [/b][/quote]
i've also heard Ahead of My Time, Different Sound, Punk Rocker, and (i think) Black Belt in commercials recently...

again, i know i sound like a pr guy for them, but their album is sweetness...

Originally posted by Thehema@Mar 12 2007, 12:02 PM
First song I wanted from a commercial - "Hands In My Pockets" by Jim Guthrie (CapitalOne).

Songs that made my girlfriend and I create a "Commercial" various -
"Mad World" - Gary Jules (Gears of War)
"Why Can't I Touch It" - Buzzcocks (Nissan X-Trail)
"Gangster Of Love" - Johnny Guitar Watson (Axe)
"Music To Watch Girls By" - Andy Williams (Samsung CamPhone)

Song that we still can't find - daughter dances on fathers feet, from a laundry detergent ad, apparently made for the ad only and not available.

My coolest song heard - "Can't Get Enough" - Infadels (Pontiac G5).
Buzzcocks also did a good song that was in a commercial for the video game Driver (original playstation) called What Do I Get. Thought I'd give back since I'm pretty sure this forum is what led me to find the name of that song.

Cocksparrers are another great punk band. Seems like the only good punk comes from cock.

Got another! Thanks each & everyone of you from ADTUNES.COM!

Song for the Mitsubishi Lancer commercial ad is "Non Stop" by Whitey. OH HECK YEAH!

:D

DJ Manku - You Give Me Love // AXE Metamorphosis spot
Renee Cologne - Color My World // M&M's spot
Message of the Blues - Say Hey! // BP spot
Qwumba Zoo - The Child (Inside) // Sea World spot

Back