Best Buy Amy Poehler

CarolJude

Reaction score
...specifically, THIS one:

if for some reason the link disappears it's the jaunty "French-sounding" oboe (?) track. It sounds circa 1960's.

FX used this music during the commercial breaks in season one of Louis; I've heard it on and off through the years and would just like to satisfy a nagging need to know (and then get a copy of it!)

Thanks, all!

It is "Crafty Party" by Gert Wilden.

I wonder about this one myself every time I hear it. Finally, I was able to identify it before I forgot about it completely (until the next time I hear it). I'll undoubtedly forget the title and artist in a week.

I try to use Shazam on my phone for things like this and was able to do so this time. This one was hard because there is talking over most of it. It took a few tries to catch an excerpt that Shazam was able to recognize.

Sometimes I am able to identify songs by turning on closed captioning. Information about songs playing in ads or in shows are often identified in the captions. This time it wasn't.

That was long-winded, but I thought the extra information might prove useful.

...specifically, THIS one:

if for some reason the link disappears it's the jaunty "French-sounding" oboe (?) track. It sounds circa 1960's.

FX used this music during the commercial breaks in season one of Louis; I've heard it on and off through the years and would just like to satisfy a nagging need to know (and then get a copy of it!)

Thanks, all!

"Long-winded" is exactly why I prefer to post questions sometimes rather than 'just download this, hold it to the thing, keep doing it until it works, if it does' - by the time one has their answer they never want to deal with whatever it was in the first place again, lol!

I thank you for the quick response. I think I will download Shazam and at least give it a shot, see what it can do.

Closed captioning is a great idea; I will keep that in mind next time.

Again, thanks so much. Another mystery solved!

- Cj

It is "Crafty Party" by Gert Wilden.

I wonder about this one myself every time I hear it. Finally, I was able to identify it before I forgot about it completely (until the next time I hear it). I'll undoubtedly forget the title and artist in a week.

I try to use Shazam on my phone for things like this and was able to do so this time. This one was hard because there is talking over most of it. It took a few tries to catch an excerpt that Shazam was able to recognize.

Sometimes I am able to identify songs by turning on closed captioning. Information about songs playing in ads or in shows are often identified in the captions. This time it wasn't.

That was long-winded, but I thought the extra information might prove useful.

Back