AT&T Cingular

kyrie_eleison03

Reaction score
AT&T Cingular

There is a new ad and for the life of me I can't remember the title...something about "Take a Load off????" It's new commercial and I need HELP!!!!

You uh, need forgiveness for something in particular there? That's an usual and interesting screen name.

-faded

<_<

I heard this song on the ATT/Cingular commercial announcing that they became partners or something. But in the commercial, a bunch of things made it look like those bars from ATT and stuff.

I saw that commercial just a minute ago.

The name of that song is The Weight by The Band.

Here are the lyrics:
I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' 'bout half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, and "No" was all he said

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny
And (and) (and) you can put the load right on me

Picked up my bag, went lookin' for a place to hide
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walkin' side by side
I said, "Hey, Carmen, come on, let's go downtown"
She said, "I gotta go, but m'friend can stick around"

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny

Go down, Miss Moses, there's nothin' you can say
It's just old Luke, and Luke's waitin' on the Judgement Day
"Well Luke, my friend, what about young Anna Lee?"
He said, "Do me a favour, son, won't you stay an' keep Anna Lee company?"

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny

Crazy Chester followed me, and he caught me in the fog
He said, "I will fix your rack, if you'll take Jack, my dog"
I said, "Wait a minute, Chester, I'm a peaceful man"
He said, "That's OK, just feed him when you can"

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny

Catch a cannon ball now, to take me down the line
My bag is sinking low and I do believe it's time
To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's the only one
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny

Hi
I am looking for the title of the song used for the new Cingular and AT&T Wireless commercial. I first heard it last Wednesday during "West Wing". A guy receives a message from Annie sayng Get here soon.
Does anyone know the name?
Thanks,
softballmom

whats the song in the Cingular and AT&T commercial that has the dude driving a bunch of places

im not sure if its a jean commercial or a truck commercial but the lyrics are somethign like....come on down to nazareth, little bit half past ten.......

I would like to know the name of a song from a new commercial not even a month old....Its an older song and i thought it was on the Almost famous soundtrack, but its not. i dont know how the whole song goes but i do know some...i think......."Ohhh you put the hold right on me" "must of been about seventeen" "put the hold on _____, put the hold right on me "" i think thats the words, at least it sounds like that lol

Thank you sooooo much it was The Weight by the band i appreciate it all and thanks again......This song is the best

Hi, there is a new Cingular/ATT Commercial with somewhat folksy/country music, but it is not The Weight by The Band. The commercial features a guy who drives to San Francisco to surprise his girl. Thanks!

for the life of me, i can't really remember the ad and haven't seen it in a while.

The song's catchy chorus "took a trip down to nazareth" plays with a country feel..

can anybody think of a song with those words?

It might be a song called The Weight by a band called, The Band.

See if these lyrics ring a bell... the Nazareth part isn't the chorus, it's the beginning.

I pulled into Nazareth, was feeling 'bout half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
Hey, mister, can you tell me, where a man might find a bed?
He just grinned and shook my hand, "No" was all he said.

The song itself is called, "The Weight", and the original version (and the version used in the commercial) is written and performed by The Band. The album that the original appears on is called "Music From Big Pink", and it was released in 1968.

For those of you who don't know, the Band was Bob Dylan's backing band for a few years, and decided to branch off on their own. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.

I'm looking for the good music heard in the Cingular/AT&T ad emphasizing bars (cell phone coverage). Anyone?

Back