Areva Energy

MooseMan

Reaction score
There's this commercial with a moving cartoon of how nuclear power is made, from a mine in canada to an enrichment plant in africa to a powerplant to an apartment in Shanghi (it's all animated). The music is kind of "80's" if you know what I mean. The company is Areva. Anyone know?

Hmm.. Someone just PMed me saying it's "Funky Town" by Lipps Inc. (Audio samples at link)

Could that be the song you're after?

I'm talking about the seimens energy commerical where its animated and it kinda looks like a "Sims" game.

One of the lyrics is:
"..talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, ohhhhh...."

It sounds kinda techno. But, i dont know what the song is called. HELP!!!

Haven't seen the commercial, but lyrics sound like Lipps Inc. "Funkytown" (also covered by Pseudo Echo.)

thank you!!! that was it! i had a total block about what the song was called. thank you again.

Commercial first seen on Fox News during week of September 11. Annimated commercial shows mining uranium, processing, making reactor rods, nuclear power plant, feeding power network including wind turbines and final end user of electric power. Song is disco hit from early 80s (late 70s?). What is title of song and who recorded it?

Now, this is very scetchy, but I can't give a better discription, untill I see it again. It is a commercial, and I think it like has a gradual computer renduring of an over head shot of a newcler power plant, or somethihng of that sort, and the music I am looking for from it is kind of like techno, and it has someone singing, with a techno sounding voice. That is the best I can do for now.

Adam.

Ok, quick question (feel free to split this off, if need be)

A power company has a commercial I have seen from time to time. (last time about 6 months ago) It is in the same style as the Royksopp "remind me" video. It features a power plant, then graphically animated the power going through the grid, and then ending up at a person's house.

The reason I post it here, is because it was in the exact same style as the Royksopp video. Are they related? Sorry, I don't have any more info on the commercial, but seeing the video brought the commercial back vividly.

looks like it was

Areva Energy

Can anyone find the english version?

[ok, now very way off topic]

"N.Y. Lipps" by David and Stephane Dewaele, The Soulwax Brothers and Steven Greenberg

It's an instrumental of the popular song "Funkytown" by Lipps Inc.

The instrumental version by Soulwax, as Doctormemory mentioned, is available from Amazon.

I have no idea who the company is (I vaguely think it 's a financial/real estate type company)...it shows a house being put together level by level, layer by layer....and it looks VERY similar to the Royksopp video of - "Remind Me":

Does anyone know the name of the video/company or song?

Sorry I dont have more details...my memory is sketchy...but i'm 100% certain its a famous 80's song.

Back