Anyone else speak German?

m173627

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I got this T-shirt with a German phrase on it and can't figure the whole thing out.

"...man hörts,
man siehts,
da Funktioniert's!"

Just that.

I can make out only a rough translation, but it doesn't make sense...Can anyone help?

:ph34r:
Looks like you may need to "Google" those words.

I am sure you can find a German-to-English Dictionary somewhere on the Internet.

Good Luck :ph34r:

Tried that already. Google doesn't have it and the online translators don't do much better.

And with that, this Thread is over for me, since I have no pertinent information that could aid you any further. I bid you Adieu.

Good Luck.....I am sure it will be answered.

Originally posted by m173627@Mar 16 2007, 04:40 PM
I got this T-shirt with a German phrase on it and can't figure the whole thing out.

"...man hörts,
man siehts,
da Funktioniert's!"

Just that.

I can make out only a rough translation, but it doesn't make sense...Can anyone help?
is that the whole quote from the shirt?

From a free online translator I got:

"one hears it, one see's it, one functions it"

Yeah, that does make more sense. Theres a fireman on it so it could be referring to the fireman as the one who works it to put it out. However, "da" means "there" not "one" as the translator said it was. Could be just a glitch on the other hand.

Yeah, on the free translator I used it gave the "free translation" option and the "human translation" option. If you pay for the "human translation" option they may give you a more meaningful translation.

Yeah, on the free translator I used it gave the "free translation" option and the "human translation" option. If you pay for the "human translation" option they may give you a more meaningful translation.

Nah, its not that important. Thanks

Dang, too bad I haven't been on here in forever... I could have helped out some :p

But yeah, the translation was correct, "one hears, one sees, there functions" or something of the sort. Blah, but I'm a day late ^_~

:rolleyes: I was wondering where you disappeared to when this popped up. :p

Dang, too bad I haven't been on here in forever... I could have helped out some tongue.gif

But yeah, the translation was correct, "one hears, one sees, there functions" or something of the sort. Blah, but I'm a day late ^_~

:D Thanks

Back