AMC March 2007

Reaction score
I've been looking high and low for the song used in an AMC "Killers Week" bumper from what I believe to be November of 2007. The only lyrics that were audible were what sounded like a chorus, a singer who sounded like the person from the Violent Femmes repeating, "You're such a kill - er, such a killer, such a kill - er."

I even emailed and asked AMC, and got nothing. This is apparently some kind of secret.

Any help?

TIA.

"Killer" by Juliette and the Licks

is the most prevalent google result.

:unsure:

It wouldn't be this November AMC commercial, would it?

Originally posted by jca@Aug 2 2008, 10:34 AM

Well, I looked into "Killer" by Juliette and the Licks, and that's not it. Hmmm...it also was not the ad in the YouTube link; it was the ad shown during AMC's "Killers Week" that had clips from some of he Death Wish movies and, I think, Unforgiven.

Thanks for the shots, though!

(My apologies...I am entirely unsure whether I am responding correctly. Apparently, they don't teach you how to do this in English Teacher school. I immensely appreciate your patience.)

Originally posted by jmbrowning191145+Aug 2 2008, 04:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jmbrowning191145 @ Aug 2 2008, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jca@Aug 2 2008, 10:34 AM

Well, I looked into "Killer" by Juliette and the Licks, and that's not it. Hmmm...it also was not the ad in the YouTube link; it was the ad shown during AMC's "Killers Week" that had clips from some of he Death Wish movies and, I think, Unforgiven.

Thanks for the shots, though!

(My apologies...I am entirely unsure whether I am responding correctly. Apparently, they don't teach you how to do this in English Teacher school. I immensely appreciate your patience.) [/b][/quote]
I think I know what your talking about..

was it when he had some quotes in there like " They're like cockroaches, you gotta kill 'em all"?

I believe you are talking about "ballad of the smoking gun" by Tigres(?) it's on my ipod so I'm just going from memory. but it took me about a week to find that song last year.

good luck!

Originally posted by der3wuste3fuchs@Aug 4 2008, 10:14 AM
I believe you are talking about "ballad of the smoking gun" by Tigres(?) it's on my ipod so I'm just going from memory.
Tigers and Monkeys?

Shoot...it's not the song by T&M.

Any other hits? Again, I specifically remember the chorus "you're such a killer" and it was used on the ads for Killers Week on AMC.

As always, thank for the help.

It's official, folks - I am a fool.

I am looking for the name of a song that was in the MARCH (not November as I previously stated) American Movie Classics bumper for "Killer's Week." It was a chorus that went "you're such a killer...such a killer, such a killer" and it was played during ads for the "Death Wish" series. I've been looking for a long time, and it is neiher the song by Juliette an the Licks nor the one by Tigers and Monkeys.

AMC has basically refused to answer any questions, so I'm looking for help online.

Thanks or everything, but mostly your patience.

Originally posted by jmbrowning191145@Aug 25 2008, 12:08 PM
I am looking for the name of a song that was in the MARCH (not November as I previously stated) American Movie Classics bumper for "Killer's Week."
Just to rule things out, you're not referring to this March 2007 AMC commercial, are you?

Thanks, but no. I am specifically haunted by the chorus of "you're such a killer."

(BTW< Dang, you folks are FAST!)

Originally posted by jmbrowning191145@Aug 25 2008, 12:08 PM
I am looking for the name of a song that was in the MARCH (not November as I previously stated) American Movie Classics bumper for "Killer's Week."
Google turns up lots of mentions of Death Wish marathons on AMC (American Movie Classics), but no results for "AMC Killer's Week" -- are you sure that's what the name of the marathon/commercial you saw? Have you searched YouTube?

Originally posted by jca+Aug 25 2008, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Aug 25 2008, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jmbrowning191145@Aug 25 2008, 12:08 PM
Google turns up lots of mentions of Death Wish marathons on AMC (American Movie Classics), but no results for "AMC Killer's Week" -- are you sure that's what the name of the marathon/commercial you saw? Have you searched YouTube? [/b][/quote]
I really think it was called killers week.

Again, I fear that I'm getting away from the essence of the question - the chorus went, "you're such a killer', and it's really getting to me.

I can't say that I've ever NOT been able to find a song.

Again, though, thanks for everything.

Perhaps it's a song by the band Longwave? (They are listed as the March 2007 band on the AMC TV website.)

Have you tried searching and/or asking about this AMC commercial on the AMC website (Talk section)?

Back