NEED HELP! 80's or 90's song

mrdj92

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I was searching for Victorias secret Music and I found this AWSOME forum.

Now, I need help finding a song from either the 80's or 90's (or 70's) that sounds close to the remix Madonna used in her 2006 "Confessions Tour".

Listen to it and tell me what it sounds like. I think the person who sang it was the Eurythmitics or some other band. All I know was it is by a guy/guys. They posted the name of the guy/guys who sing it in a comment on this video (this performance) on MySpace but the video along with the comments was deleted.

I do not remember any lyrics :(

the beat I think the guy meant sounded like the song im looking for is in the chorus:

"Like a virgin.
Touched for the very first time"... etc.

it has a techno beat

Like A Virgin from "The Confessions Tour"

ALSO: If you need helping find a song that sounds like Madonna or any pop female singer, just PM me :)

MADONNA EXPERT HERE

According to wikipedia

Tributes and cover versions

* The song was the subject of a parody by "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Like a Surgeon", and was performed by Jim Broadbent in the film Moulin Rouge! (2001) as a comic piece sung in the third person singular ("She made it through the wilderness. ..").
* In 2001, MTV gay punk rocker Nick Name performed a punk cover version for the Madonna tribute at the historic El Rey Theatre.
* Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera paid a tribute to Madonna's performance at the MTV Video Awards show nineteen years later at the same awards show, Madonna at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards finishing the performance with a kiss. The kiss generated months of discussion in celebrity magazines.
* Japanese pop singer, Hitomi, performed a shortened cover of it during her LOVE LIFE tour in Japan, recorded on the tour dvd.
* Winnipeg death-folk outfit The Horribly Awfuls recorded an ironic cover on their 2003 record, "We Fight Like the Crips and Bloods."
* Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine covered this as a swingin' Lounge version on their 2006 album "Silent Nightclub".
* Lords of the New Church covered the song on the 1985 IRS's "Best of" Album.
* In Shrek's "Karaoke Dance Party" extra Fiona can be heard singing this song.
* Scottish alternative rock band Teenage Fanclub covered the song on their 1991 album The King.
* The Horribly Awfuls recorded a cover of this song on their 2003 release, We Fight Like the Crips and Bloods.
* Rock band Incubus has been known to play this song live. The band Blur has also covered it before live in concert.
* A dance version by German techno group Mad'House was released in the early 2000s.
* German country band Texas Lightning covered the song on their debut album Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch.
* Marilyn Manson has been known to perform a cover of the song at various concerts.

mrdj92 isn't looking for covers of "Like A Virgin". He's saying that the chorus of that song in that video sounds like a completely different 80s or 90s song. Personally, it doesn't remind me of one in particular. It sounds like every 80s/90s song. :(

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Dec 11 2007, 12:22 PM
mrdj92 isn't looking for covers of "Like A Virgin". He's saying that the chorus of that song in that video sounds like a completely different 80s or 90s song. Personally, it doesn't remind me of one in particular. It sounds like every 80s/90s song. :(
yea i know but sometimes covers have the same beat but the lyrics change etc.

No songs come to mind with me either.

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Dec 11 2007, 09:22 AM
what i mean it when she sings the chorus, theres a beat.

it sorta sounds like prince's 1999 song. Actually, i think she took that beat from him but im looking for another group that has a song really similar to that one

Originally posted by mrdj92@Dec 10 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I was searching for Victorias secret Music and I found this AWSOME forum.

Now, I need help finding a song from either the 80's or 90's (or 70's) that sounds close to the remix Madonna used in her 2006 "Confessions Tour".

Listen to it and tell me what it sounds like. I think the person who sang it was the Eurythmitics or some other band. All I know was it is by a guy/guys. They posted the name of the guy/guys who sing it in a comment on this video (this performance) on MySpace but the video along with the comments was deleted.

I do not remember any lyrics :(

the beat I think the guy meant sounded like the song im looking for is in the chorus:

"Like a virgin.
Touched for the very first time"... etc.

it has a techno beat

Like A Virgin from "The Confessions Tour"

ALSO: If you need helping find a song that sounds like Madonna or any pop female singer, just PM me :)

MADONNA EXPERT HERE

LIKE THIS IS ONE SONG THAT SOUNDS LIKE THIS VERSION:

Prince: 1999

see? It sound like when Madonna sings "Like a virgin, touched for the very first time" in the concert versio of Like a virgin.

wow! im typing so fast, i mess up too much lol

oops

A long shot here, but maybe something by Fine Young Cannibals?!?

Originally posted by thx99@Jan 12 2008, 07:06 PM
No wait! It just hit me: Rick Astley!

Maybe "Together Forever" or "Never Gonna Give You Up".

Amazon link to his "Greatest Hits" CD
no, none of them seem to get in mind.

I mean the TOUR REMIX of the song, NOT the original.

The closest I could find is "1999" by Prince, but i KNOW it wasnt that song....

Back