Acura 2004 TL

TheToad

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
The ad start with the car pushing its way through low fog cutting a trail on the road. it then creates it's own bridge as it keeps driving across the valley. all digital. the music is a new age, no word but a few vocal chants in the back ground
 

NiteReiter

Member
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Been looking for a while and searched the boards, but there was only one outdated post. I'm looking for the music in the commercial for the new Acura TL. In the commercial, it shows a silver car driving while the road is being created in front of the car. The music is very new age and trancy. I would love it if anyone could help me find the artist or title to this song. Thanks for the help!!
 

NiteReiter

Member
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Found out its by Elias and Associates made specifically for the commercial, but not sure if they release any of their songs on CD. Does anyone know the answer to this one? I've sent them an email but have received no reply yet.
 

dascoot

expat
Messages
35,831
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by NiteReiter@Dec 12 2003, 08:46 PM
Found out its by Elias and Associates made specifically for the commercial, but not sure if they release any of their songs on CD. Does anyone know the answer to this one? I've sent them an email but have received no reply yet.
Nope, don't think they have as of yet, but I believe there was talk of a potential release sometime in the future..
Til then just check out their website.. they've got a lot of their commercials on there to view.
 

cincyreds

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
yeah but not that one.

I have been exchanging emails with a young lady named Jill that works for Acura. She says that song isn't avl at the moment.

It doesn't look like it ever be...she says.

Oh well....
 

NiteReiter

Member
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by cincyreds@Dec 15 2003, 02:50 PM
yeah but not that one.

I have been exchanging emails with a young lady named Jill that works for Acura. She says that song isn't avl at the moment.

It doesn't look like it ever be...she says.

Oh well....
Elias should be the one to release it though. Acura is just using it for their commercials. Elias is the one that created it and most likely still owns the rights to the song. Anybody get anything back from Elias yet?
 

ladyred0269

Member
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well after much searching, I found a place where you can view the Acura TL commercial. Rubin Postaer & Associates created the ad. You can check it out here. http://www.rpa.com/ the name of the ad is "Roads" and it looks like there are plenty other Acura ads there that people have been asking about on the boards. :D
 

Chrissychem

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
New 2004 Acura TL commercial: this one starts out with a panning out shot of an orchestra playing in a half-shell.

I just saw this commercial last night, twice infact on NBC. I don't know who composed the music (classical and seemingly pastoral in nature) but remember it beeing in the motion picture Babe (the one about the pig, not Babe Ruth.) I checked out the soundtrack and I'm sure its not the Saint Saens or the Grieg, (or the Faure for that matter!) so I have no idea. Please, if anyone know what the music is or who the composer is, please put me out of my misery, the music is now stuck in my head!!
 

Rob

Advanced Member
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just in case you want to know Jimmy Haun of Elias Arts did the one with the road forming in front of the car.
 

Chrissychem

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Now I'm going to correct myself...
Music for the new Acura commercial (with orchestra) is by Edvard Grieg, part of his Lyric Pieces, more precisely Lyric piece No. 28, Op. 47, No. 6. I posted pretty much the same thing on another board, but I believe (although have already proven that I am wrong) that Lyric Pieces is a collection for piano, thus the version in the Acura commercial may have be orchestrated. Anyway, thought I'd post thsi for any other people looking for the music

Cheers!!
 

cincyreds

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I had completely forgotten about this because I had convinced myself to get over it, it'll never be avl probably.

Last night I see the commercial again!


ARGH!!!!!! :angry:

Why can't I get my hands on the whole song?


:unsure:
 

ladyred0269

Member
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by cincyreds@Jan 20 2004, 12:08 PM
I had completely forgotten about this because I had convinced myself to get over it, it'll never be avl probably.

Last night I see the commercial again!
Hi Cincy! So this is the ad where the car is going along and the road is forming in front of it, right? Were you ever able to get it to work from the www.rpa.com website?

I'm sorry you keep missing it! :( I haven't seen it for a while now on TV.

Maria
 

NiteReiter

Member
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by Rob@Jan 15 2004, 08:44 AM
Just in case you want to know Jimmy Haun of Elias Arts did the one with the road forming in front of the car.
Anybody know if there is anyway to contact Mr. Haun so that we might be able to get a copy of the song? I would love to have a good quality version of it to listen to.
 

Natephish

Active Member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by Chrissychem@Jan 15 2004, 05:58 PM
Now I'm going to correct myself...
Music for the new Acura commercial (with orchestra) is by Edvard Grieg, part of his Lyric Pieces, more precisely Lyric piece No. 28, Op. 47, No. 6. I posted pretty much the same thing on another board, but I believe (although have already proven that I am wrong) that Lyric Pieces is a collection for piano, thus the version in the Acura commercial may have be orchestrated. Anyway, thought I'd post thsi for any other people looking for the music

Cheers!!
First off, I want to thank you for finding information about the song in the commercial. I'd heard it a couple times and was looking all over for the name.

As for the actual song, under Grieg's Lyric Pieces, Op. 47, No. 6 is titled "Jump Dance." I'm still looking all over for it, but at least now I have a name. I was hoping that might help anyone who's looking for it to find it. Good luck! B)
 

Jer8m8

New Member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've actually been looking to find out what piece that was and stumbled upon this site. If you register at naxos.com, it is track 28 on disk 8.553394. In general, you can listen to their whole collection free online. Thanks for your help in finding the name!
 

Natephish

Active Member
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Originally posted by Jer8m8@Jan 21 2004, 05:51 PM
I've actually been looking to find out what piece that was and stumbled upon this site. If you register at naxos.com, it is track 28 on disk 8.553394. In general, you can listen to their whole collection free online. Thanks for your help in finding the name!
Awesome, thanks for the tip! Because of it, I can make it easier for all of you to hear it.

First of all, a corrrection. The song is "Springdans (Folk Dance)", not Jump Dance.
 

soniclight

New Member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Searching here and elsewhere with not enough information is leading nowhere, so I hope someone can help. Thought ad was a Lexus ad, may be, yet am unsure. It began airing in U.S. in 2003 and occasionally see it still, but rarely.
_____________

A) VISUAL: Car seen moving pretty fast over various scenes as highway magically appears under it (creating its own highway).

B) MUSIC STYLE: Mainly arpeggio piano somewhat a la Moby.

I'm writing piano arrangement for a composition and wish to study said arpeggio.
Artist/Album/Song Title much appreciated

Philip :)
Los Angeles
 

The Adman

Well-known Member
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok in this commercial it starts in an Orchestra Concert and then pans out into space to a satellite and back down to earth and the narrator starts talking about XM radio that the car has and then the driver talks to a lady at a hotel and she asks if he needs directions and he says no because he has them on his GPS system. And during the whole thing the music the orchestra was playing at the beginning is playing. So i was wondering if they know the music that the orchestra was playing. :what:
 

The Adman

Well-known Member
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
ok I found out its an Acura TL commercial. And the commercial is called "Directions".
 

michelle

Pro Member
Messages
8,253
Reaction score
2
Points
0
You can catch a glimpse of the (group) name and title at the part where they show the XM screen in the car the first time:

East Bay Symphony -- "Live Concert"

Maybe that will help?
 
Top