2010 Lincoln MKT "Under the Milky Way"

Sia. When I first heard it I immediately thought it was her. I checked the Lincoln website (which is a great way to find info about songs (and free downloads) in car commercials) and I was right! There are a lot of covers of this song but hers is my fav! Enjoy:)

Re: New Lincoln MKT/MKX Commercial aired during house tonight - any ideas?

Nicole Atkins covers this song, but Lincoln uses SIA. Actually, this and other songs from various Lincoln ads are available for download on their website. Just click on each respective video. "Major Tom" only has a link to iTunes however. The others are free here, which is great b/c I love Sia's version.
http://www.lincoln.com/extras/tvads.asp

I'm sorry but the chick in the Chevy commercial can't touch The Church rendition. I mean after all they wrote it, and are not doing a cover........

This commercial for a lincoln crossover/SUV looking vehicle (called the MKX/MKT, not sure which) came on during house tonight.

It featured a female singing, I'm unable to find anything else about this commercial out, but it feels like I wont sleep tonight until I've found this song. So far fox has not replayed this commercial. It aired on episode 3 of season 6 of house on 10/5/2009.
Hi Shamusl,
I was figuring this out too. And I found the solution. If you look up Lincoln.com up at the top of the website there is a "media and events' Click on that. Then click on TV ads on the left submenu. Click on MKT ad and it will bring up the commercial. On the commercial it will tell you what the song is "Under The Milky Way" by Sia. It gives you an option to download this song. Once it's in a folder on your computer click on it and it automatically downloads it to your iTunes. I hope this helps.

It is SIA.

I work at the agency that made the ad. Not working on this campaign but love what they are doing with the music.

Sorry, I must say here, I disagree. Lincoln is killing classic music with their new campaigns. NO chick should ever be allowed to record Bowie, or Blue Oyster Cult. Now, even a great unknown band from the eighties - The Church - has been stomped on by Lincoln. Thumbs way down!!!

Real talk, that..This is really sad, bad stuff. Put away the mp3, break out the turntable and throw on the Church LP.
Dig the original. You'll wince with pain the next time you here the TV ad.. yet another "oh gee, it's been 20 years, they'll all think we wrote a great little tune.."

By the sound of it from reading a Wiki entry about Sia, this song will be on Sia's new album coming out next year. I'll be looking forward to it.

Sorry, I must say here, I disagree. Lincoln is killing classic music with their new campaigns. NO chick should ever be allowed to record Bowie, or Blue Oyster Cult. Now, even a great unknown band from the eighties - The Church - has been stomped on by Lincoln. Thumbs way down!!!

Dude...GET A GRIP!

A. Classic music is not being killed, it lives on.
B. Music has no gender.
C. "The Church" is certainly not an "Unknown Band" and this cover has only served to resurface their music. This is an amazing cover, just LISTEN!!!

These ABC's are brought to you from a 55 year old music lover.

Re: New Lincoln MKT/MKX Commercial aired during house tonight - any ideas?

It is Sia. I think it is a better version than the version she has on limewire, unfortunately it is short. Wish I could put it in a loop

I downloaded this song from the Lincoln site, but it didn't have cover art. :( So I worked something up for it. :D

sia.jpg

Though clearly in the minority, glad I'm not the only one that finds this cover a travesty. Have always loved this song. Despise this version of it. Why not just use the original if you want to bring this band back out of obscurity?

Back