2006 Chevy Impala

ad-rock

Pro Member
Reaction score
Has anybody seen this commercial yet? It's advertising the 2006 Chevy Impala. The ad just shows the Impala emblem, but it was computer generated to make it look like the deer is running and jumping through the circle as it spins.

A guy with a Johnny Rotten, or Iggy Pop kind of sneer is singing over a sample of the "Peter Gunn Theme" (Track 1). There were lyrics, but I didn't catch them. When I see it again I'll post those as well. Thanks~

I would also love to know the name of the song and who performs it. I think somebody sings "bye bye".

it sounds like a song that david bedingfield did called "Inflate My Ego." they both use the peter gunn theme, but the song in this commercial is a different version.

Originally posted by sdnil427@Sep 3 2005, 11:04 PM
it sounds like a song that david bedingfield did called "Inflate My Ego." they both use the peter gunn theme, but the song in this commercial is a different version.
Edit: I saw the commercial again. Daniel Bedingfield definitely isn't it. Thanks though~

I don't think the Daniel Bedingfield song is the one used in the commercial because I looked up the lyrics for Inflate My Ego and it didn't have the phrase "I'm goin(g) bye bye" (those are the only lyrics in the commercial that I saw) anywhere in it. So if anybody finds out the song please post it. Thank you.

Originally posted by raindrop@Sep 4 2005, 03:54 PM
I don't think the Daniel Bedingfield song is the one used in the commercial because I looked up the lyrics for Inflate My Ego and it didn't have the phrase "I'm goin(g) bye bye" (those are the only lyrics in the commercial that I saw) anywhere in it.  So if anybody finds out the song please post it.  Thank you.
This was really helpful. After www.spaceagepop.com/lplyrics.htm+%22peter+gunn%22+lyrics+&hl=en]doing a little Googling[/url], I found out Henry Mancini did a song called "Bye-Bye" on the soundtrack for a 1967 British film called, "Gunn...Number One!" It's exactly a version of Peter Gunn with lyrics. You can see a picture of the Soundtrack LP and track listing by clicking here.

I'm assuming that the version used in the commercial is a remake. Now we just have to find out who's performing it...

haven't seen the ad but 'The Art of Noise' - a Britsh band, big in the eighties - had a song called 'Peter Gunn.' a really cool guitar riff going throughout? maybe that's it.

Originally posted by daveboy@Sep 5 2005, 08:35 AM
haven't seen the ad but 'The Art of Noise' - a Britsh band, big in the eighties - had a song called 'Peter Gunn.' a really cool guitar riff going throughout? maybe that's it.
I figured out the song is called "Bye-Bye." We just need to find out who did the remake...

I found a remix. Sarah Vaughan is singing, and it says Max Sedgley remix....

it sounds a lot like the commercial (her voice is the voice and most of the music sounds the same), but it doesn't (you can tell it's been remixed b/c of some vocal echoing)...so I'm trying to find the original Sarah Vaughan song and see what that sounds like.

Yup that's it...

it's found on Verve Remixed vol. 3....track #8. Peter Gunn (Max Sedgley remix) - Sarah Vaughan.

Does anyone know the song that is playing in the new chevrolet impala commercial?

The commercial I'm interested in shows a guy approaching his new Impala on a parking garage rooftop and the car is surrounded by silver impala (deer).

Her voice sounds more man-ish in the commercial, but that's the one. Thanks alot!

Yep, the commercial is different, but the music is the same: "Peter Gunn (Max Sedgley Remix)" by Sarah Vaughan from Verve Remixed: Vol. 3

Unfortunately I was not looking at the television when I heard the song and by the time I looked up the commercial was over. However, I do remember bits of the song itself. The music sounded kind of Mission Impossible-ish and the lyrcis consisted of some;

"...going byyyyyye bye;
IIIIII'm leaving;
This is the last time...
...going your way."

I realize this will probably be impossible but I figured it was worth a shot. Please let me know if you recall anything, I love this song. Thanks!

(E-Mail: annetteb7@hotmail.com)

There's a Chevy commercial on the air right now and at the very end of the commercial, when the show the terms and limitations and what-not, they play a song that has the same sound as the theme from "The Blues Brothers" only there is a woman singing, "Bye-bye. I'm leaving..." I heard this song in a store while I was shopping and can't find it anywhere online. Is there anyone who would know who sings it and/or what the name of the song is? Thanks!

Back